Scottish Politics Thread

Seadog

ADC
Yes but this is one of the main ways the LGBT "community" get to promote their ideas and way of life. Just like the Labour Party do, influence the young early, but in this case even earlier still.

I'm all for people of all* persuations being able to live their lives the way they wish, but to deliberately influence children of Primary School age with this is completely wrong.

*Legal persuations that is
The YeSNP are not all on the same page regarding all things ‘trans’.

Scots are not as progressive, open, tolerant and welcoming as SNP mouthpieces would have us believe. Even the Ls and Gs don’t all approve of being lumped in with the Ts. Why would they?

While homosexuality is almost mainstream and passé (much to the annoyance of those who embrace victimhood) the ‘trans’ thing is not as ‘meh’.

Be they the shouty, gurning, bare chested, blue painted zoomers, or the jumped up councillors in the Shortbread Senate, there is a lack of acceptance of, even passive hostility towards the agenda of a tiny but loud ‘trans’ minority and their more numerous ‘allies’.

Just my observation based opinions.

Seadog

ADC
So no primary school kids should go to a pantomime?
Where the dame and often several other female parts are played by men.
And the principle boy is a girl?
False equivalence.
Unlike ‘Flowjob’, Aladdin and Widow Twanky are not sexualised. Okay, Aladdin may be, only in a ‘Bob’ way. The principal boy has principles.

Last edited:
False equivalence.
Unlike ‘Flowjob’, Aladdin and Widow Twanky are not sexualised. Okay, Aladdin may be, only in a ‘Bob’ way.
Indeed. ‘Pantomime’ in the U.K. is a tradition going back the better part of 500 years, everyone knows how it will pan out and no one takes it as an accurate representation of society.

Sexual proclivity is something that the individual can find out for themselves
Perhaps. Most of the LGBT people I know, have said that they realised that they weren't "like everyone else" quite early on. Certainly before 16, sometimes well before puberty.

Demystifying it allows you to then have a more pertinent discussion on sexual health when the time is right, around the age of puberty... we need to give our kids the knowledge and skills that help them to make the decisions that are right for them... if we believe that ignorance will lead to abstention then the only person being fooled is ourselves... the sooner we can have the talk about these things then the better... the "parents know best" line is a poor one.
I agree absolutely with everything you say here. I'm just curious why you're so progressive when it comes to straight kids, but regressive when it comes to those who aren't.

Chess, swimming and music are all skills and activities. It therefore makes sense that they have a club where they can pursue these interests. A rainbow club is for . . . well, what exactly? It's a nonsense and a perpetuation of the victim mentality.
Strongly disagree. We've been discovering the subject with youngest - he's mid-puberty, fairly certain he's gay or bisexual; doesn't find girls as attractive as some boys. Fortunately, the school has an LGBT Support group, run by a couple of teachers (who are willing to admit that they're LGBT); and has a no-tolerance attitude to homophobia just as much as racism / religious intolerance. He's been able to talk about this to a few close friends at school, and to us; our response was "so what, we love you just the same".

Guess what the ice-breaking conversation was as a parent? I was at the school's open day, and got chatting to the LGBT Support Group teachers; told them that I was impressed how things had moved on since my era (my LGBT friends and acquaintances didn't generally feel able to "come out" until their mid twenties, or later). Someone took a picture; and I mentioned to youngest that I'd been happy to be in the photo because I agreed with what they were doing, and not to be surprised if he saw me in some montage. I may have had a motive for talking to them - because while I may be a Kinsey Zero, I'm not utterly unobservant...

Your solution appears to be that LGBT children should "find out for themselves" and not have any opportunity to discuss this. Or discuss it at all, with anyone except their parents, at home, certainly not at school, and not with any other kids in a similar situation. Youngest, in Primary 4, moved into the same class as a little girl with two mummies. Utter non-issue for the kids, they just went "huh, so what". Insisting that kids mustn't know, doesn't work on contact with reality. I also know a trans woman who was thrown out of the house by her father at age 17 for "not being normal" - so (like you) I'm unconvinced by any "oh, this is for parents to discuss, and no-one else".

Kids today don't appear to give a damn, and that's a good thing. It's often the adults who are the problem; so in answer to the question "what is the rainbow club for?", it's there so that people can ask questions. That might be teachers, wondering how to react to a kid who's obviously distressed. It might be parents, worrying about how best to talk to their kids. It might be for kids, even if they don't go along - just knowing that they aren't alone is valuable in itself.

What they (the youngsters) need to be aware of is exploitation and abuse, which is where consent ends and becomes something darker. That is not necessarily the act itself, but the psychological drive behind it.
How can they discuss exploitation? Your solution is that they don't talk about anything that might be exploited!

Last edited:

Dredd

LE
Your solution appears to be that LGBT children should "find out for themselves" and not have any opportunity to discuss this. Or discuss it at all, with anyone except their parents, at home, certainly not at school, and not with any other kids in a similar situation. Youngest, in Primary 4, moved into the same class as a little girl with two mummies. Utter non-issue for the kids, they just went "huh, so what". Insisting that kids mustn't know, doesn't work on contact with reality. I also know a trans woman who was thrown out of the house by her father at age 17 for "not being normal" - so I'm unconvinced by any "oh, this is for parents to discuss, and no-one else".
Answer to your bold - yes, but in the context of open discussion at the appropriate stages in their development to explore issues as a normal part of growing up.

You have either mis-read what I wrote or I did not write it well enough to make the point. Children do not need force-fed everything about adult life and in particular sexual relations but they also need to know and be reassured that feelings are normal as is the confusion they will experience as puberty starts to kick in. Body parts are normal. BDSM is normal too, but not for most people. You need to be free to make your own decisions.

The key is consent.

False equivalence.
Unlike ‘Flowjob’, Aladdin and Widow Twanky are not sexualised. Okay, Aladdin may be, only in a ‘Bob’ way. The principal boy has principles.
So, Larry Grayson or John Inman ("Are You Being Served"), as pre-watershed entertainment for all the family... great British tradition of tolerance, or should they have been driven off our screens for being openly gay?

Children do not need force-fed everything about adult life and in particular sexual relations but they also need to know and be reassured that feelings are normal as is the confusion they will experience as puberty starts to kick in.
So... why are you so against the concept of an LGBT Support Group at a secondary school? I mean, it's not as if they're going to go out and create converts - they're just there. They no more "force-feed the ghey" than the book club is going to inflict non-consensual literature on perfectly happy consumers of graphic novels, or the hockey team is a nonsense for feeding the non-football victim mentality...

Dredd

LE
So... why are you so against the concept of an LGBT Support Group at a school? I mean, it's not as if they're going to go out recruiting - they're just there. They no more "force-feed the ghey" than the book club is going to inflict non-consensual literature, or the hockey team feeds the non-football victim mentality...
Because it perpetuates the concept of being different from everyone else. They are not. They are the same as any other psuedo-community that has good guys, wanks, and the bulk in between who are sometimes good and sometimes bad. If fancying other humans is the only distinction then how are they different enough to justify a club. In a primary school?

Seadog

ADC
So, Larry Grayson or John Inman ("Are You Being Served"), as pre-watershed entertainment for all the family... great British tradition of tolerance, or should they have been driven off our screens for being openly gay?
Absolutely NOT.
The bold uppercase is to try to prevent you only seeing ‘Absolutely’.

Dredd

LE
Not sure of this has been posted in here (couldn't find it) but surely this is moonhowlery taken to the nth' degree - Scottish parliament approves free sanitary products for all women
Only an extra £24m for the taxpayer to fork out for!
That's nothing bud - they announced on the FB page that they agreed with the Greens on budget proposals and one of those is free bus travel for all U18s.

All.

So, those of us working will need to pay more for tickets to travel on said public transport and/or more in taxes in order to pay for it. Eventually the only people on buses will be children and pensioners. Still, saves me picking my kids up now - they can get the bus and I'll meet them at the station.

And I want them to stock up on the jam rags as I'll need them for the range FA kit. Just in case . . .

Not sure of this has been posted in here (couldn't find it) but surely this is moonhowlery taken to the nth' degree - Scottish parliament approves free sanitary products for all women
Only an extra £24m for the taxpayer to fork out for!
Had a rant about this the other night to the missus when they were interviewing secondary school girls about this. I said "I bet every single ******* one of those kids has the latest smart phone....but the cant afford tammies from Poundland? Bollocks!"

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There are a large and varied selection of tampons and clampons. I wonder if every 'dispensary' will stock every type and size? Who refills stocks?
Put it this way, unless the Scot Govt is paying retail rates for these products, I don't think they'll be getting a large supply from manufacturers anytime soon unless they nationalise the manufacturers.

That's nothing bud - they announced on the FB page that they agreed with the Greens on budget proposals and one of those is free bus travel for all U18s.

All.

So, those of us working will need to pay more for tickets to travel on said public transport and/or more in taxes in order to pay for it. Eventually the only people on buses will be children and pensioners. Still, saves me picking my kids up now - they can get the bus and I'll meet them at the station.

And I want them to stock up on the jam rags as I'll need them for the range FA kit. Just in case . . .
Isn't the free bus travel for u18s age discrimination under European law?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads