Scottish Politics Thread

Oh, dear - are we yet to suffer banner headlines of her 'bravery'?
I wouldn't have thought so. If Ruth Davidson could be so open about her sexuality as a member of the backwards, oppressive, misogynistic, and bigoted Tory party, surely the leader of such an open and progressive movement as the SNP would have nothing to fear from her own party.

I wouldn't have thought so. If Ruth Davidson could be so open about her sexuality as a member of the backwards, oppressive, misogynistic, and bigoted Tory party, surely the leader of such an open and progressive movement as the SNP would have nothing to fear from her own party.
She's leader of a party with 'Nationalist' in the title: thus, it will end badly.

Seadog

ADC
She certainly is making her bid for the leadership. there was a piece on the beed the other day about it

How secure is Nicola Sturgeon's future?

She has apparently been on Marr show saying she "emphatically" wants to remain as first minister for at least a few years.

She doesn't have to stand down as a MP, she can do both, unless the rules have changed.
I seem to recall Salmond being an MP and an MSP/First Minister at the same time. Cherry is a QC (not the only one in politics) so another kerching income stream may be available.

Thing is, these double hatted trough feeders moan about unemployment and austerity while occupying two or more well paid taxpayer funded jobs and scoffing pies like there’s no tomorrow, the fat knackers.

Cherry is claiming support from the constituency party she is also popular with the legal action and Referendum now section of ra party
I predict Robertson shifting over to mackays soon to be vacant seat

I seem to recall Salmond being an MP and an MSP/First Minister at the same time. Cherry is a QC (not the only one in politics) so another kerching income stream may be available.

Thing is, these double hatted trough feeders moan about unemployment and austerity while occupying two or more well paid taxpayer funded jobs and scoffing pies like there’s no tomorrow, the fat knackers.
She says she will stand down as a MP if she is elected MSP

Seadog

ADC
She says she will stand down as a MP if she is elected MSP

If she were confident, she’d stand down as a Westminster MP before contesting the Holyrood seat. Then those of us who can’t wait to see the back of the SNP can celebrate when she loses to an Efin Toary and her vacated Westminster seat also turns blue.

If she were confident, she’d stand down as a Westminster MP before contesting the Holyrood seat. Then those of us who can’t wait to see the back of the SNP can celebrate when she loses to an Efin Toary and her vacated Westminster seat also turns blue.
She does seem to swear a lot that one, whether in context (with a legal if not palatable) excuse or because she's pissed off about a result. She seems to get away with it where others wouldn't.

WATCH: 'F*****g Labour' - SNP MP appears to swear in reaction to Brexit vote defeat

1582484139347.png

One can only hope! - theres no doubt the SNP are fighting like crazy with all sorts of manouvering going on eg Joanna 'Foul mouth ********' Cherry being a p[rime suspect - luckily for the rest of us, the list of possible replacements is populated with people even less qualified or competent and that is saying something!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One can only hope! - theres no doubt the SNP are fighting like crazy with all sorts of manouvering going on eg Joanna 'Foul mouth ********' Cherry being a p[rime suspect - luckily for the rest of us, the list of possible replacements is populated with people even less qualified or competent and that is saying something!

I wonder how St Nic feels now that the dirty is being done to her instead of her setting lose the hounds.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder how St Nic feels now that the dirty is being done to her instead of her setting lose the hounds.
It does appear that the party discipline, previously renowned for being iron hard, has now eroded to such an extent that quotes are not being made “anonymously” but are being attributed to well known figures in the party. Is the pernicious influence of our favourite pastor from England now taking effect? I have thought that his recent statement would sow the seeds of discord within the SNP, we may see some interesting times ahead for the party.

It does appear that the party discipline, previously renowned for being iron hard, has now eroded to such an extent that quotes are not being made “anonymously” but are being attributed to well known figures in the party. Is the pernicious influence of our favourite pastor from England now taking effect? I have thought that his recent statement would sow the seeds of discord within the SNP, we may see some interesting times ahead for the party.
Not sure how they can usurp her, she's not said she's going etc.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure how they can usurp her, she's not said she's going etc.
It may not be her choice to make. Whilst at the moment most of the real power within the SNP lies within a very small clique, that may change rapidly especially if any more “damaging” revelations are made. It may pay off to keep an eye open for sudden “personal statements” coming from Bute House.

It may not be her choice to make. Whilst at the moment most of the real power within the SNP lies within a very small clique, that may change rapidly especially if any more “damaging” revelations are made. It may pay off to keep an eye open for sudden “personal statements” coming from Bute House.
But complicity isn’t a four letter swear word

Latest Threads