Scottish Politics Thread

It's to stop the spongers coming over walk all over Glasgow and it's fake homeless and criminal gangs fronting selling the big issue,

I deal with Polish lads at work great guys and do a good job speaking to one of them he's got Polish acquaintances who he's told coming over here and sitting on your arse claiming benefits isn't on as that what they want to do.

I use a group on Facebook for the line of work I'm in and an agency based in Birmingham posted an ad looking for digging gangs then stated they only wanted Romanian guys to apply for it ad was ripped to bits and pulled sharpish. Even the Poles stated when they came over that they would under cut them for wages.

We need people but not unskilled car washers and big issue sellers or homeless people who have scraped a bus ticket to get over here and end up on the streets with no family etc as the council in London found out when they went to court as they had to fund him despite never having worked and being an alchy.

It looks like there are some chickens coming home to roost for the Tory's North Britain Branch Office. I don't know what it was about the Brexit campaign that they misunderstood, but surely they saw this coming.

Although, it's not just them. Jimmy Buchan, who assisted Farage on his Thames fish stunt, has reservations now too.
“These immigration plans have the potential to severely restrict the economic boost that will flow from the UK’s exit from the Common Fisheries Policy. At the point of expansion, we need ministers to allow scope for recruitment of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled labour as they are all vital to the viability of the sector.

“We will take our case to the UK Government in the coming days and weeks.”

Honestly, what exactly is it that they thought they were campaigning for?
Load of rubbish, low skilled immigrants needed my backside, with the SNP education system we have plenty of our own!

Mick9abf

War Hero
It's to stop the spongers coming over walk all over Glasgow and it's fake homeless and criminal gangs fronting selling the big issue,

I deal with Polish lads at work great guys and do a good job speaking to one of them he's got Polish acquaintances who he's told coming over here and sitting on your arse claiming benefits isn't on as that what they want to do.

I use a group on Facebook for the line of work I'm in and an agency based in Birmingham posted an ad looking for digging gangs then stated they only wanted Romanian guys to apply for it ad was ripped to bits and pulled sharpish. Even the Poles stated when they came over that they would under cut them for wages.

We need people but not unskilled car washers and big issue sellers or homeless people who have scraped a bus ticket to get over here and end up on the streets with no family etc as the council in London found out when they went to court as they had to fund him despite never having worked and being an alchy.
The fact it may, and I stress may, cut down the amount criminal gangs coming over using low skilled businesses for money laundering to aid their ventures into serious and organised crime in the U.K. cannot be a bad thing in my view.

The term a "lavender marriage" is how to describe it.

Will Peter be taking his latest 'friend' to the old house :)
The comment in the S*n was “going the full Schofield”...

the other major thing the usual suspects and thickos in the snpee dont understand is that our very large migrant population sends a lot of our money home where it doesnt get spent in our shops, buy our services, keep our people employed or pay VAT - then there is the small point that much of this money is under the counter and not taxed at source so eessentially we (UK/Scotland) are getting stiffed and the tax burden increasingly falls on less and less people -mix that with the snpee incompetence and watage and its a recipe for disaster !

Now this is very interesting two Factions in the Party about to square up to each other with both champions being prospective Leaders

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Now this is very interesting two Factions in the Party about to square up to each other with both champions being prospective Leaders
The Indians are circling St Nicola. Might be worth checking the odds on her stand down date.

The Indians are circling St Nicola. Might be worth checking the odds on her stand down date.
Do you think that awful Joanna Cherry woman making a bid for the vacant Edinburgh seat lately occupied by a certain Ruth Davidson could be the start of a formal bid to replace NS as Leader of the cult?

Question is, does she have to renounce her status as an MP first?

Do you think that awful Joanna Cherry woman making a bid for the vacant Edinburgh seat lately occupied by a certain Ruth Davidson could be the start of a formal bid to replace NS as Leader of the cult?

Question is, does she have to renounce her status as an MP first?

She certainly is making her bid for the leadership. there was a piece on the beed the other day about it

How secure is Nicola Sturgeon's future?

She has apparently been on Marr show saying she "emphatically" wants to remain as first minister for at least a few years.

She doesn't have to stand down as a MP, she can do both, unless the rules have changed.

She doesn't have to stand down as a MP, she can do both, unless the rules have changed.
Now I find that very interesting, having two paid political jobs in two different areas, a bit like being a councillor and an MSP at the same time.

I could actually see Cherry, if she won the seat and then become First Minister, keeping both jobs if allowed to do so. It would be great for the SNP having their First Minister holding the hated Tory government of the UK to account. No doubt Boris would be a little bit more firm with the SNP Scottish governments failings if she did though and make for an entertaining PMQs

Last edited:
Angus Robertson is going down the full time MSP line, hinting that dual seating would distract or disengage the people from what their representative is there for….

Since it is Sunday Anyone care to guess who said it first

A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses.

Mick9abf

War Hero
The knives are out, it will be comedy watching the cult tearing themselves apart whilst trying to maintain a united front in the coming months.

Once the entertainment in March starts, whatever the result, I suspect there are about to be a lot of skeletons released from the cupboard which might not make St Nic look too good......

She has apparently been on Marr show saying she "emphatically" wants to remain as first minister for at least a few years.
As usual, she enjoyed a very comfortable interview with Marr. It’s clear he is smitten! :smile:

Latest Threads