Scottish Politics Thread

The main difference being that they have their own Central Banks as lender of last resort, not the Fed.

An Independent Scotland would have no Central Bank / no lender of last resort.
It is one of the quirks of the EZ, Most, if not all EZ Countries have retained their own Central Bank, even though the ECB is lender of last resort and responsible for the €.

I suspect that these were retained on the basis that the EU / EZ was a new project and had the potential / still does of going belly up.
Panama does not have a central bank and it uses the US Dollar.

Panama does not have a central bank and it uses the US Dollar.
The official currency of Panama is the Balboa.

You might find that the US imposed / offered the US $ on Panama to encourage / facilitate business.

As such, Panama has no need for a Central Bank./

Much like an Independent Scotland could jump straight into the EU, use the € under the ECB.

Not that you could call that Independence ;) ;)

You might find that the US imposed / offered the US $ on Panama to encourage / facilitate business.

As such, Panama has no need for a Central Bank./

Much like an Independent Scotland could jump straight into the EU, use the € under the ECB.

Not that you could call that Independence ;) ;)
So it does not have a central bank but you said they all did. Thanks.

Technically, The National Bank of Panama ( State owned ) is the de facto Central Bank of Panama.
Only partially, in as much as, the Central Bank of Panama is not the lender of last resort. Indeed, Panama does not have one.

Panama has two official currencies, the US Dollar and the Balboa, and they have a fixed exchange rate at 1:1

Mick9abf

War Hero
an unknown backed up by a less than bright Individual Deary me
In fairness at least she has worked in accounting prior to entering politics which is 100% more real life working experience and monetary knowledge that MacKay ever had. Not that it means much when you look at the pledges and can’t quite put your finger on where the money is coming from.

Last edited:
Quite an impressive list of allegations Mr Soapy?
In Court today pre-trial..
Pleading Diet I'd have thought.
  • Indecently assaulted a woman on a number of occasions in Glasgow in June and July 2008 by kissing her on the mouth and touching her buttocks and breasts with his hands over her clothing
  • Sexually assaulted the same woman in December 2010 or December 2011 in the Ego nightclub in Edinburgh by touching her arms and hips with his hands over her clothing
  • Indecently assaulted a woman in October or November 2010 at Bute House by repeatedly seizing her by the wrists and repeatedly pulling her towards him and attempting to kiss her
  • Sexually assaulted a woman in a car in Edinburgh in February 2011 by touching her leg with his hand over her clothing
  • Sexually assaulted a woman on various occasions between 2011 and 2013 at Bute House, the Scottish Parliament and other locations by touching her buttocks with his hands over her clothing, stroking her arms, and touching and stroking her hair
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in October 2013 by removing her foot from her shoe, stroking her foot, lifting her foot towards his mouth and attempting to kiss her foot
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in November or December 2013 by kissing her on the mouth
  • Intended to rape the same woman in December 2013 at Bute House by causing her to sit on a bed, lying on top of her, making sexual remarks to her, touching her buttocks, thighs and breasts over her clothing with his hands, repeatedly kissing her face, struggling with her and pulling up her dress
  • Sexually assaulted a woman in 2012 at the Ubiquitous Chip restaurant in Glasgow by touching her buttocks with his hand over her clothing
  • Sexually assaulted the same woman at Bute House in April 2014 by placing his arm around her, making sexual remarks to her and attempting to kiss her
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in May 2014 by placing his arm around her body, placing his hand under her clothing and underwear and touching her breast, repeatedly kissing her on the face and neck and stroking her leg with his hand
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in September 2014 by seizing her by the shoulders, repeatedly kissing her on the face, attempting to kiss her on the lips and touching her leg and face with his hand
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Stirling Castle in November 2014 by touching her buttock with his hand over her clothing
Hope for his benefit he has a very expensive team of Briefs.
On whose ticket?

Quite an impressive list of allegations Mr Soapy?
In Court today pre-trial..
Pleading Diet I'd have thought.
  • Indecently assaulted a woman on a number of occasions in Glasgow in June and July 2008 by kissing her on the mouth and touching her buttocks and breasts with his hands over her clothing
  • Sexually assaulted the same woman in December 2010 or December 2011 in the Ego nightclub in Edinburgh by touching her arms and hips with his hands over her clothing
  • Indecently assaulted a woman in October or November 2010 at Bute House by repeatedly seizing her by the wrists and repeatedly pulling her towards him and attempting to kiss her
  • Sexually assaulted a woman in a car in Edinburgh in February 2011 by touching her leg with his hand over her clothing
  • Sexually assaulted a woman on various occasions between 2011 and 2013 at Bute House, the Scottish Parliament and other locations by touching her buttocks with his hands over her clothing, stroking her arms, and touching and stroking her hair
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in October 2013 by removing her foot from her shoe, stroking her foot, lifting her foot towards his mouth and attempting to kiss her foot
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in November or December 2013 by kissing her on the mouth
  • Intended to rape the same woman in December 2013 at Bute House by causing her to sit on a bed, lying on top of her, making sexual remarks to her, touching her buttocks, thighs and breasts over her clothing with his hands, repeatedly kissing her face, struggling with her and pulling up her dress
  • Sexually assaulted a woman in 2012 at the Ubiquitous Chip restaurant in Glasgow by touching her buttocks with his hand over her clothing
  • Sexually assaulted the same woman at Bute House in April 2014 by placing his arm around her, making sexual remarks to her and attempting to kiss her
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in May 2014 by placing his arm around her body, placing his hand under her clothing and underwear and touching her breast, repeatedly kissing her on the face and neck and stroking her leg with his hand
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Bute House in September 2014 by seizing her by the shoulders, repeatedly kissing her on the face, attempting to kiss her on the lips and touching her leg and face with his hand
  • Sexually assaulted a woman at Stirling Castle in November 2014 by touching her buttock with his hand over her clothing
Hope for his benefit he has a very expensive team of Briefs.
On whose ticket?
The only problem here are witnesses, are there any?

Only armies of hostile ones I'd have thought.
It looks to me one of the biggest problems for him is the sheer weight of numbers in (albeit circumstantial) "his against her words".
Unless...somebody is prepared to risk perjury penalties.
No idea about Defence Council's witness list.
Either way, he's finished jail or not.

Only armies of hostile ones I'd have thought.
No idea about Defence Council's witness list.
There will need to be witnesses to the groping etc. otherwise it's simply he said/she said. I don't have a warm, cosy glow that there is sufficient evidence to hang anything on Wee Eck. He might be scoring yet another massive pay out from the SG.

There will need to be witnesses to the groping etc. otherwise it's simply he said/she said. I don't have a warm, cosy glow that there is sufficient evidence to hang anything on Wee Eck. He might be scoring yet another massive pay out from the SG.
Exactly.
Edited my post to that effect earlier.

Looking at that list, I'm guessing that the Procurator is going for a "there's no smoke without fire" angle.

Looking at that list, I'm guessing that the Procurator is going for a "there's no smoke without fire" angle.
Unfortunately they need solid evidence and not x many circumstantial.

Latest Threads