Scottish Politics Thread

My keyboard was playing up last night or I would have put a comment by the video above. It would seem that SNPHQ has pointed out that BJ and the Thames bridge was a problem which is why both Blackford and NS mentioned it. Unfortunately for Blackford he then goes on to tell the Commons he is not confident that a 20 miles bridge across the North Sea can be built.

We now have the Blackford school of geography as well as the Abbott school of maths.
He is after-all, "only a simple crofter"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My keyboard was playing up last night or I would have put a comment by the video above. It would seem that SNPHQ has pointed out that BJ and the Thames bridge was a problem which is why both Blackford and NS mentioned it. Unfortunately for Blackford he then goes on to tell the Commons he is not confident that a 20 miles bridge across the North Sea can be built.

We now have the Blackford school of geography as well as the Abbott school of maths.
Give the puir wee man a break - at least he gave the Commons a good laugh.

Give the puir wee man a break - at least he gave the Commons a good laugh.
Aye, maybe, but he didn't see the funny side himself did he the greeting-faced poor excuse for a Scot*.

*Completely unlike most Scots who generally do have a good sense of humour, Blackford is a poor imitation of Pte Fraser from Dads Army

unnamed.jpg

Dummies blackford1.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
All that water that British fishermen can fish in :grin:
Currently occupied by French, Dutch and Spannish vessels.....still at least when Scotland leaves the EU.....

ETA Peterhead is by far the largest fishing port in the UK, both by tonnage caught and the number of vessels. It's no surprise that the region voted to leave the EU and currently have a Conservative MP.

offog

LE
Seen this floating around social media in terms of Scottish waters and why fishing is a high priority for some
View attachment 449582
During the first round indy vote it was mentioned that Blair had put through a regulation at the UN that the sea border should follow the same angle as it did on land with the result that large parts of NSO areas were in England. I would think that is the same for fishing areas. What if the Shetlands vote to remain part of the UK.

Seen this floating around social media in terms of Scottish waters and why fishing is a high priority for some
View attachment 449582
Whats that in realtion to Blackford going all huffy for making a twat of his self? Seeing that the A83 has had another landslide and been closed at the start of the month after over 1000 tonnes fell down again. Perhaps it's time Transport Scotland passed it over to DFT to come up with a tunnel solution as they are just throwing money after bad with the current solution of crash nets,

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
During the first round indy vote it was mentioned that Blair had put through a regulation at the UN that the sea border should follow the same angle as it did on land with the result that large parts of NSO areas were in England. I would think that is the same for fishing areas. What if the Shetlands vote to remain part of the UK.
It wasn't Blair but this is an international agreement. There is some dispute over whether the extension of natural features forms the boundary or the line of the border extending into the maritime area. Obvs there is usually a deal of negotiation over who gets what and disputes are what keeps lawyers rich!

Interesting piece on the SNP's travails and machinations from FP.com:

After 13 years in government, neither Sturgeon nor the SNP can come before the Scottish electorate on their record. Aside from the independence issue, their record in government is, under the most generous description, one of generally positive messaging and intentions and mediocre to dismal implementation.

Aye along with the claim that it doesn't make sense and is a betrayal of Scotland / English robbery / outrage etc that Some English waters are north of the Border -
The same people however never seem to have any trouble with the fact that it shows vast chunks of Scotlands water to the West of Belfast -

It wasn't Blair but this is an international agreement.
It was Devolution
Prior to that there was simply a lat long line used for which authorities (Eng / Scots) were responsible.
Devolution and Scots gov wanting to control scots waters* saw the "correct"** border applied- Consequently this was reported by the vocal indy types as Blair giving England Scotland's waters along with accompanying Maps showing just how much had been stolen.
Which of course are lapped up and become facts by those who fail to engage beyond catchy sound bites.

*With the added bonus that as it was no longer an RN task they could ramp up indy cries with the - Westminster doesn't care about us look theres no ships patrolling scotland' wails.

**Minor shuffling post indy not withstanding

Latest Threads