Scottish Politics Thread

With HS2 going ahead is worth remembering that
- Scotgov's budget will contribute precisely £0 to HS2
- GERS will include a nominal contribution of 2% total cost per Scotgov's est economic benefit to Scotland
- Scotgov will receive full Barnett consequentials of ~9% HS2 spend, to spend in Scotland

But I am sure the Nats will be jumping up and down and have their usual rant about "it's oor money"

Dredd

LE
Looks a little on the low side TBH & where's the watchtowers/machine gun emplacements?

Needs work.
Quite right - we'll no be wanting all youse English immigrants trying to sneak your way into the Peoples Republican Paradise of Scoatlan tae get aw oor free stuff an' at.

I could subscribe but I want to know more about the free gift.
It's an SNP carriage clock. Looks a bit like an Amazon Echo. When you ask it the time it say's "it's time for independence" in an annoyingly whiney voice.

Dredd

LE
I could subscribe but I want to know more about the free gift.
Gratitude. It's gratitude. And that is gift enough from our benevolent over-seers. And that warm tickle of self-satisfaction you are feeling on having contributed to Das Party? That's gratis too.

With HS2 going ahead is worth remembering that
- Scotgov's budget will contribute precisely £0 to HS2
- GERS will include a nominal contribution of 2% total cost per Scotgov's est economic benefit to Scotland
- Scotgov will receive full Barnett consequentials of ~9% HS2 spend, to spend in Scotland

But I am sure the Nats will be jumping up and down and have their usual rant about "it's oor money"
Already seen posts last week citing 10Bn of Scots money would be spent for no gain to Scotland

Getting trolled on Faceache by the cyberwanks for dare suggesting naming a flat bed Wee Nippy as it's cold outside usual pish stalking your posts and claiming your a mouth breather who can't read. No doubt I'll be getting a knock at 03:00 one morning if Scotland does gain independence and sent to a Gulag in Cumbernauld for re-education.

offog

LE
Looks a little on the low side TBH & where's the watchtowers/machine gun emplacements?

Needs work.
Well as the English are going to have to pay for it, although Scotland will build it, it's all the English could afford to build. Due to financial difficulties of the English leaving the EU it will be fitted for, but not with machine guns and watchtowers.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the 9th March for a bit of panto.
Doubt it will come to much but there will be a few squeaky rectums in the process.

And when is Natalie coming up for her second trial being Guilty my lud....err but Not Guilty!

And here we go moaning already about a project that's not even been given the green light
Sturgeon: Bridge funding should be sent to Holyrood
Taken from the last 2 paragraphs but then my edit which would be equally apposite

“Far be it from me to point out that this would not be the first bridge that Boris Johnson has promised and failed to deliver so he has something of a track record.
“If he wants to prove that this can be done and its feasible and deliverable then let’s see how far he can get with it.”

“Far be it from me to point out that this would not be the first thing that The SNP has promised and failed to deliver so we have something of a track record with Independence for Scotland.
“If we want to prove that this can be done and its feasible and deliverable then let’s see how far we can get with it.”

offog

LE
My keyboard was playing up last night or I would have put a comment by the video above. It would seem that SNPHQ has pointed out that BJ and the Thames bridge was a problem which is why both Blackford and NS mentioned it. Unfortunately for Blackford he then goes on to tell the Commons he is not confident that a 20 miles bridge across the North Sea can be built.

We now have the Blackford school of geography as well as the Abbott school of maths.

Latest Threads