Scottish Politics Thread

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some believed the bit in bold, people can be easily led.

My 3 military pensions, injury compensation and in a few years my State Pension will be received whatever the fallout from independence SNP stylee, they're all UK governments domain. If however during the separation talks the UK gov decides to make the Scot Gov pay all these pensions etc, they still have to pass that money onto Scot Gov to pay out to recipients. What I would be concerned about is the amount of tax applied and whether what I currently receive free of tax continues that way (injury comp and relevant pensions etc), also the level at which tax kicks in could be quite damaging.
Not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs but do you know HMRC will add your State onto your multi-pensions annual "unearned" income gross and recalculate your code/liability....if it all triggers an annual gross above the current tax free trigger...whatever it is now.
In short, they will back-door tax your State Pension.
I'd wager your code would be 520 or close like SWMBOs but that is entirely governed by specific & personal gross totals.

Last edited:

Scotland has experienced one of the biggest falls in among developed countries in the latest index of social and economic wellbeing, it has emerged.

The country fell five places into the bottom half of nations cross a range of measures including income, education, longevity and inclusivity. Only Wales saw a similarly steep fall in the figures published today.

The Index of Social and Economic Wellbeing, published by John McLaren from Scottish Trends, reveals Scotland has experienced the joint biggest fall in its international ranking - from 16th to joint 21st.

The report states: “Scotland fell into the third quartile of countries, due to a decline in its education and income performances, the latter associated with the decline in North Sea related activity.

“Despite this, Scotland’s very poor life expectancy performance remains its weakest area of performance.”

Not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs but do you know HMRC will add your State onto your multi-pensions annual "unearned" income gross and recalculate your code/liability....if it all triggers an annual gross above the current tax free trigger...whatever it is now.
In short, they will back-door tax your State Pension.
I'd wager your code would be 520 or close like SWMBOs but that is entirely governed by specific & personal gross totals.
Well prepared thanks, I also use some of the better halfs unused tax free amount (whatever it's called) and paid just over £200 in tax, and I got a rebate :)

Good man.
Spoken like a True Scot. :oops:
I may have had some scottish nature seep into me in the years I've lived here but Sir, I am English!

Actually I'm as tight as a ducks one way valve, something that seeped into me from living in Yorkshire for over 10 years, it's amazing how deep my pockets go :)

Anyone else hearing rumours (likely Scottish media via SNP) that wee Nicola will attempt to attempt Indyref2 in September.

Unsure of official or denial, however I believe either at the of the week or next Monday at the earliest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This isn't going to end well this weekend, Either the SNP are too blind/tounge *********** of SF or a planned strategy to get marches banned all togther and I don't think they are that bright given they allowed a march in support of "political prisoners" through Govan last year that spillled over into a riot and the march organiser's car getting torched in another part of Glasgow.

Seem to be an increase of republican marches of late as well as touting of tins for the above "political prisoners/POWs" does show how much the SNP have explocted/allowed sectarianism to their own ends.

Violence fears as Bloody Sunday memorial march in Glasgow to be met with loyalist protest

Anyone else hearing rumours (likely Scottish media via SNP) that wee Nicola will attempt to attempt Indyref2 in September.

How would she manage that?
She lacks the executive power to hold anything but a consultation exercise (that could return some inconvenient results) and Boris has already said no to the question of an actual referendum.

offog

LE
Well prepared thanks, I also use some of the better halfs unused tax free amount (whatever it's called) and paid just over £200 in tax, and I got a rebate :)

My aim in life was to not pay any more tax legally. After getting my tax return last year it has finally dawned on me that I will never achieve my aim. Even with the married couple's allowance I will still have to pay tax, on the bright side I am slowly recoupong all the money I paid in to the NHS.

This isn't going to end well this weekend, Either the SNP are too blind/tounge *********** of SF or a planned strategy to get marches banned all togther and I don't think they are that bright given they allowed a march in support of "political prisoners" through Govan last year that spillled over into a riot and the march organiser's car getting torched in another part of Glasgow.

Seem to be an increase of republican marches of late as well as touting of tins for the above "political prisoners/POWs" does show how much the SNP have explocted/allowed sectarianism to their own ends.

Violence fears as Bloody Sunday memorial march in Glasgow to be met with loyalist protest
not surprising really, the SNP hates the British Army and all things British - no different to Corbyn and his cult

Dredd

LE
The last bit - as a line from one of the best films ever made said - Nice one Centurion.

Classic.jpg

Unsure of official or denial, however I believe either at the of the week or next Monday at the earliest.

SNP will have more important matters to worry about come March:

Last edited:
According to sky you've managed to infect the island with some hideous chinese virus. Well done. You are now independent. Don't come south.

Dredd

LE

Latest Threads