Scottish Politics Thread

SDFA

Old-Salt
Apparently, because ' Johnson ' won the election he can take England out of Europe, but because Ms Turgeon gained seats last night, she can say Nae!!!

To Ms Sturgeon, gie ur heed a rest, jst bcase ye can conker magic in 1 million people dosna say ye cann convive da rest em.

In other words, geti f**k ye hateful cow
 
No matter how many seats they win they'd still need the Governments permission for Indyref2, as far as I'm aware BoJo said way before the election that that wouldn't happen, the poisonous one trick pony Sturgeon is on a loser
 

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still in a LibDem constituency, but by the skin of their teeth!

Despite a 7%gain by the SNP, LibDems hold on by 200 votes.
 

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
After all seats in Scotland declared we have
SNP 48
SC&U 6
LibDem 4
SLab 1.

Overall voting for SNP is 45%. A familiar number!

Total turn out 68%. Up a couple percent from 2017.

In terms of overall votes cast
SNP up 8%
LibDems up 2%
SC&U down 3%
SLab down 8%

Minor gains for Greens and the Brexit Party had no real affect.
 
Well deep down Nippy wont be happy as the projected 55 seats didnt come off and Corbyn isn't in Downing St so shell not be marching up dictating her demands on No10
 
No matter how many seats they win they'd still need the Governments permission for Indyref2, as far as I'm aware BoJo said way before the election that that wouldn't happen, the poisonous one trick pony Sturgeon is on a loser
Blackford just been interviewed on the BBC this morning, trotting out the party line ad nauseum; “ Scotland being dragged out of Europe against its will, we need a second referendum, the fact that the SNP gained seats proves this”.
 

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well deep down Nippy wont be happy as the projected 55 seats didnt come off and Corbyn isn't in Downing St so shell not be marching up dictating her demands on No10
Am pretty sure that increasing her total seats up to 48 will help with her grief
 

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Blackford just been interviewed on the BBC this morning, trotting out the party line ad nauseum; “ Scotland being dragged out of Europe against its will, we need a second referendum, the fact that the SNP gained some seats proves this”.
And the well trodden party line does seem to have struck a chord with the voters.
Total vote up.
Number of seats up.

Despite the rhetoric on here it does appear that the populace of Scotland like that message. Or at least 45%of them do.
 
And the well trodden party line does seem to have struck a chord with the voters.
Total vote up.
Number of seats up.

Despite the rhetoric on here it does appear that the populace of Scotland like that message. Or at least 45%of them do.
So pretty much the same as in the last independence referendum if we infer that those 45% are pro independent Scotland and the other 55% are not. Of course the figures are almost certainly much more nuanced than that.
 

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
And the well trodden party line does seem to have struck a chord with the voters.
Total vote up.
Number of seats up.

Despite the rhetoric on here it does appear that the populace of Scotland like that message. Or at least 45%of them do.
Or is it that they didn't like the Labour message?
 
Indeed, she can now bestride the world stage like a colossus. The only option for her is a declaration of UDI
I think it’s pretty clear that the majority of Scots are not impressed with the idea of BoJo the Clown bestriding the world stage like a colossus.
 
It’s amusing me reading back through this thread at some of the wishful thinking that has been portrayed as analysis.
Myself and Mrs LR concur that Parliament has brought this on themselves and that May's failure has now been corrected. We have now seen what the British Public thought of the collective shenanigans of taking things through courts and that the concept of Sovereignty of parliament has passed to the electorate- They(Parliament) will do as they are told. I presume MPs will now be reporting on Monday so that at least they can sort themselves by January 1st without resorting to another state opening.
 
I think it’s pretty clear that the majority of Scots are not impressed with the idea of BoJo the Clown bestriding the world stage like a colossus.
That in and of itself is unimportant- the UK is a Scots construct, for the Scots to try and end that because it doesn't suit on some spurious ill thought out Mantra of non independence- and besides, I believe that Brown was Scots and locked us into Lisbon and that didn't sit well with the English so both sides will have to suck it up. As to a clown-one has heard it said that the successful clown has the last laugh.
 
So pretty much the same as in the last independence referendum if we infer that those 45% are pro independent Scotland and the other 55% are not. Of course the figures are almost certainly much more nuanced than that.
That is an inference that you can make, however it may not be accurate. It could also be inferred, the Tories only winning 43% of the popular vote on a UK basis, that the majority of the electorate are against the Tory’s vision of Brexit. I’ll leave to you to decide if that is an accurate inference.
 

Latest Threads

Top