Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
While everyone is getting ready to vote tactically or sensibly, Polis Scotland had to change their uniforms complete after the sudden well you would shoite yourself if it happened to you…..

SDFA

Old-Salt
Tonight, I shall sleep long and deep, safe in the knowledge that, like Christmas Eve, so many people await the morrow with anticipation. Anticipation of placing their vote and having that vote respected by whichever person is chosen to represent their constituency.
Anticipation that for 22hrs tomorrow, there will be no reference to politics or Brexit. A period of relative peace and calm
I also will spare a thought for the 59 puckered asses, who hopefully, not having respected their constituency members wishes, will quite rightly be shown the door.
I need a good sleep tonight as tomorrow the equivalent combination of horse racing and the Only fools and Horses Christmas specials begins at 2200:05 and I hope that by the end of the evening/morning my sides will have split with laughter and I will have witnessed some really, truly obnoxious individuals being hoofed to be replaced by other, as yet unknown obnoxious individuals. And so the cycle will continue....

I also will spare a thought for the 59 puckered asses, who hopefully, not having respected their constituency members wishes, will quite rightly be shown the door.
I'm not sure that every seated parliamentarian in Scotland has such an accusations to be levelled again them, but in a similar vein south of the border, bye, bye Dominic Raab, Theresa Villiers, John Redwood and IDS.

smff73

Old-Salt
Whilst not having had any difficulties with Scottish notes in England, just had Bank of Scotland £20 notes refused at Edinburgh Christmas Market because the vendor didn't recognise them!
Was down there today, dodged it, en route back to civilisation now! Every been to the Culbokie Inn Fang?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was down there today, dodged it, en route back to civilisation now! Every been to the Culbokie Inn Fang?
In Dingwall?

No, usually eat in Dings as there's no sit in Chinese restaurant anywhere near us!

Me and her did our postal duty last week
we voted limps,

we were always going to get a remain mp, though we'd vote for one that wasn't going to sell the country down the river just to at an independence vote

Dredd

LE
I see that the YesNP were using the past week to urge the same thing in the opposite direction.

As long as that tactical vote was SNP of course ;)
Not in Ochil & South Perthshire, though we did get a leaflet from Remain United - who’s logo is a heart with one half a Union Jack and the other half an EU flag - exorting us to vote tactically for the SNP....

SDFA

Old-Salt
I see that the YesNP were using the past week to urge the same thing in the opposite direction.

As long as that tactical vote was SNP of course ;)
I just had a look at this, out of curiosity of course, and I could have saved loads of ink and paper by just saying Vote SNP in all seats. If the cult need reminding to vote tactically to get their SNP candidate elected, then really, what is the point?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I just had a look at this, out of curiosity of course, and I could have saved loads of ink and paper by just saying Vote SNP in all seats. If the cult need reminding to vote tactically to get their SNP candidate elected, then really, what is the point?
Whilst various parties have entered into alliances, not standing candidates against each other and others suggesting tactical voting to keep out specific parties elsewhere as far as I am aware the SNP have pretty much only urged vote for them

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just returned from placing my vote. Going in was stopped by an old bloke wanting to chat as old folks often do. He seemed convinced he'd been voting in an independence referendum!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just returned from placing my vote. Going in was stopped by an old bloke wanting to chat as old folks often do. He seemed convinced he'd been voting in an independence referendum!
Whereas others would have you believe it was a Brexit referendum

Latest Threads