Scottish Politics Thread

doc80905

War Hero
It's up to you whether you take it seriously or not. I was at the funeral of a mate about 2 months ago who thought it was all a bit of joke too and never did the test. His bowel cancer was stage 4 before it was diagnosed.
A guy I worked with took the test when it came through on his 50th which turned out to be positive though thankfully he's ok now. Another guy from work died earlier this year at 53. It wasn't actually the bowel cancer that killed him but pneumonia caused by a weakened immune system. These are both hard boys, shop floor steelworkers and not overweight or unfit but it goes to show anyone can fall victim to this.

SDFA

Old-Salt
It's up to you whether you take it seriously or not. I was at the funeral of a mate about 2 months ago who thought it was all a bit of joke too and never did the test. His bowel cancer was stage 4 before it was diagnosed.
Can you point out to me please where I said I was not going to do it?
With my puerile attempts at botty humour, I may have given the impression that I was not interested, that could not be further from the truth.
A bowel screening picked up anomalies in my mum, which she had dealt with early. My father in law is right now having radiotherapy for an early diagnosis of prostrate cancer which was picked us as a result of a blood test.
I donated a kidney 7 years ago and get annual blood checks to ensure all is well.
I have seen too many blokes in the pub fade away due to either their ignorance of symptoms or failure to acknowledge problems, I don't wish to be one of them!
Anyhoo, it'll be the lungs that get me. 50 Capstan full-strengths per day, lifestyle of a winner!

Can you point out to me please where I said I was not going to do it?
With my puerile attempts at botty humour, I may have given the impression that I was not interested, that could not be further from the truth.
A bowel screening picked up anomalies in my mum, which she had dealt with early. My father in law is right now having radiotherapy for an early diagnosis of prostrate cancer which was picked us as a result of a blood test.
I donated a kidney 7 years ago and get annual blood checks to ensure all is well.
I have seen too many blokes in the pub fade away due to either their ignorance of symptoms or failure to acknowledge problems, I don't wish to be one of them!
Anyhoo, it'll be the lungs that get me. 50 Capstan full-strengths per day, lifestyle of a winner!
Washed down with a nip and a half of heavy i hope :grin:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Whilst not having had any difficulties with Scottish notes in England, just had Bank of Scotland £20 notes refused at Edinburgh Christmas Market because the vendor didn't recognise them!

SDFA

Old-Salt
Whilst not having had any difficulties with Scottish notes in England, just had Bank of Scotland £20 notes refused at Edinburgh Christmas Market because the vendor didn't recognise them!
Was it a German Christmas market? There's your problem right there. Should have kept those DM for occasions such as these.

That or he didn't believe that a Scotsman would have access to a £20 note due to 'the austerity forced upon the poor people of Scotland, in various forms of discriminatory taxation, without any consideration of their wish to remain loyal subjects of the EU'

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was it a German Christmas market? There's your problem right there. Should have kept those DM for occasions such as these.

That or he didn't believe that a Scotsman would have access to a £20 note due to 'the austerity forced upon the poor people of Scotland, in various forms of discriminatory taxation, without any consideration of their wish to remain loyal subjects of the EU'
All Christmas Markets seem to be German, though £5 for a bratty more than I remember them being.

All Christmas Markets seem to be German, though £5 for a bratty more than I remember them being.
I admire your persistence. The last time I went to the Christmas Market in Edinburgh, I was ready to commit mass murder in less than 10 minutes.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I admire your persistence. The last time I went to the Christmas Market in Edinburgh, I was ready to commit mass murder in less than 10 minutes.
We merely walked through it. Only money spent was on the big wheel.
£23 for an adult and kids!

The National Gallery was good though.

And free

I once presented a Scottish £20 note in Lancashire at a bar, and when the potboy stood looking at it I said "if that's not good enough for you, you can put these beers back in the tap" He replied "Dinnae be daft mon, I'm fae Glesgae, it's just that I haven't seen one of these for years!"

SDFA

Old-Salt
I once presented a Scottish £20 note in Lancashire at a bar, and when the potboy stood looking at it I said "if that's not good enough for you, you can put these beers back in the tap" He replied "Dinnae be daft mon, I'm fae Glesgae, it's just that I haven't seen one of these for years!"
Pot boy? Was his name Jack with Eric Morcombey glasses, tidy wife called Vera and a wastral for a son?

As SWMBO just said to me
If we do go independent, and use the pound, will they only be bank of England notes

We will after all be using their currency, why would they let us use our own banknotes?

Latest Threads