Scottish Politics Thread

Exsqueeze me?? I haven't even opened the envelope yet, sterility concerns, but now I'm worried.

The single stick thing, is it like a DNA swab, except up the poop chute and give it a good swirl around? If it is, I'm afraid I may go for the old fashioned option of a log in a Tupperware dish and let them fire away as required.

Edit...wife was intrigued (wahayyy!) and opened the envelope. She has informed me that it is indeed the stick variant and it is to be returned to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. After reading a lot of posts on here about Dundee, option B will be put into effect immediately.
It would be a shame if someone mixed up their postal vote with this.

A bumper harvest the day.

4, yes 4, from the LibDems.

2 personalised letters to me.
One from Rennie urging vote to stop independence and build a health service.
One allegedly from a "polling expert" only the LibDems can stop the SNP.

And 2 large postcards addressed to Mrs Mrs F and I.
Your vote can make a difference and stop independence.
And the scare tactics one.
It's LibDems or SNP.

However it's time to light the fire so they come in useful for something
Daughter is getting lots of these as well, now she's old enough to vote. We had a round-table discussion yesterday and she's decided she dislikes the Greens least after reading their manifesto.

... I wonder how many people have actually read, and analysed, the parties' respective policy documents?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Daughter is getting lots of these as well, now she's old enough to vote. We had a round-table discussion yesterday and she's decided she dislikes the Greens least after reading their manifesto.

... I wonder how many people have actually read, and analysed, the parties' respective policy documents?
Not too sure about analysed, but I'm willing to bet a few have been anal-ysed!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A bumper harvest the day.

4, yes 4, from the LibDems.

2 personalised letters to me.
One from Rennie urging vote to stop independence and build a health service.
One allegedly from a "polling expert" only the LibDems can stop the SNP.

And 2 large postcards addressed to Mrs Mrs F and I.
Your vote can make a difference and stop independence.
And the scare tactics one.
It's LibDems or SNP.

However it's time to light the fire so they come in useful for something
In actual fact, it's 5.
Ome was cunningly disguised as a Christmas card to Mrs F and I so was left for her to open.

If the Greens could approach with a realistic timetable for changing the way our country relies on fossil fuels I would be the first to retire my coal fire. The sad fact is some of their policy’s make the SNP look like the sensible vote.

Seadog

ADC
I seem to recall that The Scotsman declared that it would be editorially neutral in the lead up to GE19. It may be but its correspondents are piling into Sturgeon, her fellow fatty Blackford and the Cult. Good, good.

D0D33697-7A63-4E0B-9056-5DC5EEF31A8C.jpeg

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I seem to recall that The Scotsman declared that it would be editorially neutral in the lead up to GE19. It may be but itsView attachment 435882 correspondents are piling into Sturgeon, her fellow fatty Blackford and the Cult. Good, good.
Seems to be a bit of a sea change there then as recently the Scotsman has been kissing Sturgeon's ample arse.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Seems to be a bit of a sea change there then as recently the Scotsman has been kissing Sturgeon's ample arse.
Is there a hint of jealousy there?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sturgeon rumbled on Scottish NHS figures
Steerpike

SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon bagged the 8:10am slot on this morning’s Today programme but it didn’t go quite as she might have planned. Scotland’s first minister was asked whether it was appropriate for her to be attacking the Conservatives on the NHS when her party’s own record was so woeful. Responsibility for the health service was devolved to the Scottish Parliament back in 1999 and has been under the control of the SNP since 2007.

Sturgeon rumbled on Scottish NHS figures | Coffee House

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sturgeon rumbled on Scottish NHS figures
Steerpike

SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon bagged the 8:10am slot on this morning’s Today programme but it didn’t go quite as she might have planned. Scotland’s first minister was asked whether it was appropriate for her to be attacking the Conservatives on the NHS when her party’s own record was so woeful. Responsibility for the health service was devolved to the Scottish Parliament back in 1999 and has been under the control of the SNP since 2007.

Sturgeon rumbled on Scottish NHS figures | Coffee House
"Audit Scotland, in its most recent overview report of the NHS, said that in seven out of the eight waiting times targets more people were being seen within those targets in the most recent year than had been the case in the year before. Accident and emergency services are doing much better than is the case in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.’"

Being a member of a couple of forums concerning Health, I am pretty glad to be working for NHS Scotland rather than South.

Exsqueeze me?? I haven't even opened the envelope yet, sterility concerns, but now I'm worried.

The single stick thing, is it like a DNA swab, except up the poop chute and give it a good swirl around? If it is, I'm afraid I may go for the old fashioned option of a log in a Tupperware dish and let them fire away as required.

Edit...wife was intrigued (wahayyy!) and opened the envelope. She has informed me that it is indeed the stick variant and it is to be returned to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. After reading a lot of posts on here about Dundee, option B will be put into effect immediately.
It's up to you whether you take it seriously or not. I was at the funeral of a mate about 2 months ago who thought it was all a bit of joke too and never did the test. His bowel cancer was stage 4 before it was diagnosed.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's up to you whether you take it seriously or not. I was at the funeral of a mate about 2 months ago who thought it was all a bit of joke too and never did the test. His bowel cancer was stage 4 before it was diagnosed.
Screening programmes are only effective if taken up.

The fact we have so many free screening is a huge part of the NHS.

Screening programmes are only effective if taken up.

The fact we have so many free screening is a huge part of the NHS.
I think that the preventative screening we get nowadays is fantastic! Much better to catch and treat something early than treat it in full flow (as it were) with the degradation of quality of life and the embuggeration factor that goes with it. The 3 window poo test was a very minor thing to do, the single stick makes it even simpler.

Latest Threads