Scottish Politics Thread

Whilst not doubting the polls, Scotland is in a strange place politically at the moment.

We had the huge shift to SNP in 2015, post the IndyRef when everybody had been polarised followed by the reverses in 2017 and nw we seem to have huge cries to tactical vote to oust the SNP.

The SNP sit second in every seat they didn't win in 2017. Despite what folk might be led to believe in this echo chamber they are still a huge force in Scottish politics and as long as they keep preaching the message if not us it will be Tory or Labour, I don't see that changing given the current leadership.
If you are correct with your last paragraph ( and I see no reason why not)
then Scotland truly gets the government it deserves.
freeeeeedom indeed. I just wish you would get on with it and less of the ya hoo posturing ( but still with the hand out)..
we honestly won’t miss you now alas.

Support for leaving the UK has fallen to 44 per cent, according to a new YouGov poll.

The poll for The Times shows that 56 per of people on Scotland want to remain in the UK.

The findings come despite a relentless campaign from the SNP to break up the UK.

Sir John Curtice, the country’s leading polling expert, told The Times that the fall ‘appears to have happened among both those that voted Remain and those that backed Leave in the 2016 [EU] referendum’.

The poll mirrors recent studies, including one from the anti-UK Progress Scotland group, which found significant numbers of former ‘Yes’ voters now want to remain in the UK.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Support for leaving the UK has fallen to 44 per cent, according to a new YouGov poll.

The poll for The Times shows that 56 per of people on Scotland want to remain in the UK.

The findings come despite a relentless campaign from the SNP to break up the UK.

Sir John Curtice, the country’s leading polling expert, told The Times that the fall ‘appears to have happened among both those that voted Remain and those that backed Leave in the 2016 [EU] referendum’.

The poll mirrors recent studies, including one from the anti-UK Progress Scotland group, which found significant numbers of former ‘Yes’ voters now want to remain in the UK.

Not exactly a "sharp fall"

That quotes a 44/56 split. The IndyRef was 45/55.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

No sign of voter fatigue as the numbers registered to vote increases in Scotland

ArchieCat

Old-Salt
This may be as true as the rumours about the death of HMQ the other day but there’re a few messages floating around on Twitter that all is not well in the Murrell/Sturgeon household.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Radio Scotland phone in this morning and it was the turn of the SNP.
Especially for @SDFA it was Blackford and not Sturgeon.

However, just to prove a point, several folk asked why him and not the Party Leader.

Anyhow, answered all without too much difficulty, no real elements where caller and politician talking over each other unlike Rennie, Carlow and Leonard.

Usual answers to the usual questions.

SDFA

Old-Salt
Radio Scotland phone in this morning and it was the turn of the SNP.
Especially for @SDFA it was Blackford and not Sturgeon.

However, just to prove a point, several folk asked why him and not the Party Leader.

Anyhow, answered all without too much difficulty, no real elements where caller and politician talking over each other unlike Rennie, Carlow and Leonard.

Usual answers to the usual questions.
Hmmm, not wanting to start any conspiracy theories here, but maybe Blackford can only be trusted with small, non probing, reply by rote interviews, maybe Nicola was letting her head cool down after her GMB interview. Maybe, just maybe the real reason for Mr Blackford bursting his waistcoat every time we see him is because it is actually Nicola in disguise wearing one of those tailored Sumo suits. Thereby achieving what she desires most...total control over everything..
Still no sightings of Ms Black, or any canvassers, last seen on 29 Nov at a hustings in town.

In better news though, I got my poo test thingie through the post today, so the SNHS is on the ball with that one, it was only my birthday last week. I may give it a few days before doing it, otherwise they will think my diet consists of Kraken and kebabs!

In better news though, I got my poo test thingie through the post today, so the SNHS is on the ball with that one, it was only my birthday last week. I may give it a few days before doing it, otherwise they will think my diet consists of Kraken and kebabs!
Yeah olde one where you have to paste some in 3 little windows, 1 per window for 3 days, or the new fangled single stick thing? Single is sooooo much easier!

Yeah olde one where you have to paste some in 3 little windows, 1 per window for 3 days, or the new fangled single stick thing? Single is sooooo much easier!
The trick is to pretend you're just rîmming somebody's cutlery or plate. :thumleft:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A bumper harvest the day.

4, yes 4, from the LibDems.

2 personalised letters to me.
One from Rennie urging vote to stop independence and build a health service.
One allegedly from a "polling expert" only the LibDems can stop the SNP.

And 2 large postcards addressed to Mrs Mrs F and I.
Your vote can make a difference and stop independence.
And the scare tactics one.
It's LibDems or SNP.

However it's time to light the fire so they come in useful for something

SDFA

Old-Salt
Exsqueeze me?? I haven't even opened the envelope yet, sterility concerns, but now I'm worried.

The single stick thing, is it like a DNA swab, except up the poop chute and give it a good swirl around? If it is, I'm afraid I may go for the old fashioned option of a log in a Tupperware dish and let them fire away as required.

Edit...wife was intrigued (wahayyy!) and opened the envelope. She has informed me that it is indeed the stick variant and it is to be returned to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. After reading a lot of posts on here about Dundee, option B will be put into effect immediately.

Latest Threads