Scottish Politics Thread

SDFA

Old-Salt
The 'Party' are having a few bad days at the min with the hospital crisis, the resignation of the chairwoman of the Scottish Police Authority and to cap it all, apparently they are being sued by one of their own quangos over the award (or not) for the tender on the Northern Isles sealink route.
These eijits run around spouting about providing leadership in Europe and they can't even get a ferry route organised!

The 'Party' are having a few bad days at the min with the hospital crisis, the resignation of the chairwoman of the Scottish Police Authority and to cap it all, apparently they are being sued by one of their own quangos over the award (or not) for the tender on the Northern Isles sealink route.
These eijits run around spouting about providing leadership in Europe and they can't even get a ferry route organised!
In fairness to ScotGov CalMac isn’t always the best way to sail to the islands.

Woohoo finally got a knock at the door last night in the form of a lovely wee woman, She says, "Hello I am from the Cons, and was wondering if you have a few minutes". "Hello," says I, "to save you time I will be voting for your man as I hope to get rid of that awful Cherry woman." She left with a huge smile.

doc80905

War Hero
Woohoo finally got a knock at the door last night in the form of a lovely wee woman, She says, "Hello I am from the Cons, and was wondering if you have a few minutes". "Hello," says I, "to save you time I will be voting for your man as I hope to get rid of that awful Cherry woman." She left with a huge smile.
You have my sympathy having that dreadful woman as MP. Our man Neil Gray is pretty much anonymous, apart from when he wants a selfie taken in the Commons.

SDFA

Old-Salt
Apparently Ms Sturgeon is providing her answers to Jeremy Vines probing questioning at 12. How many times do you think she'll say 'let me be very clear', 'the people of Scotland (actually only 900,000 SNP voters) demand' 'Our wishes are being ignored by being dragged out of Europe'
I really hope JV does not follow her lead, as there is enough that has come out in the last week to sink her, but am really holding out no hope as the next article is about the plastic content in Christmas Jumpers and should we ban them

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Apparently Ms Sturgeon is providing her answers to Jeremy Vines probing questioning at 12. How many times do you think she'll say 'let me be very clear', 'the people of Scotland (actually only 900,000 SNP voters) demand' 'Our wishes are being ignored by being dragged out of Europe'
I really hope JV does not follow her lead, as there is enough that has come out in the last week to sink her, but am really holding out no hope as the next article is about the plastic content in Christmas Jumpers and should we ban them

Didn't actually hear but apparently she emphasised the "hard truth" that the next IndyRef will be a legal one under a Section 30 and she won't be doing a Catalonia.

Didn't actually hear but apparently she emphasised the "hard truth" that the next IndyRef will be a legal one under a Section 30 and she won't be doing a Catalonia.

In a nutshell @Fang_Farrier may be having to face the wrath of Nicola for not tuning into her radio broadcast

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

SDFA

Old-Salt
After a day on the beer in Scotlands best city* I'd like to give her the hard truth using a local colloquialism 'Geti f***'

*Best city being West of Harthill

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I thought the last one was as well.
Allegedly things have changed since then, what with "Scotland being dragged out of Europe against her will"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A wee piece on tactical voting by Sir John Curtice.

Basically maybe aye, maybe nay!

Good man

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This one?

Whilst not doubting the polls, Scotland is in a strange place politically at the moment.

We had the huge shift to SNP in 2015, post the IndyRef when everybody had been polarised followed by the reverses in 2017 and nw we seem to have huge cries to tactical vote to oust the SNP.

The SNP sit second in every seat they didn't win in 2017. Despite what folk might be led to believe in this echo chamber they are still a huge force in Scottish politics and as long as they keep preaching the message if not us it will be Tory or Labour, I don't see that changing given the current leadership.

Latest Threads