Scottish Politics Thread

A crazy move, whilst I'm not a Labour man by any stretch he is surely one of the ones they should be trying to keep? To me he's always come across as one of the better ones.

No wonder Nippy and her gang get such a free run up here when all our opposition parties are determined to give the nationalists an open goal at every opportunity.
He's the Alan B'Stard of this parliament, I believe. And he's a Jambo. I think that of all the MPs of any colour who might stand against their previous party in their current seat, he might have the best chance. And wouldn't that be the death knell for SLab, the loss of their only Scottish MP due to internal politics.

A crazy move, whilst I'm not a Labour man by any stretch he is surely one of the ones they should be trying to keep? To me he's always come across as one of the better ones.

No wonder Nippy and her gang get such a free run up here when all our opposition parties are determined to give the nationalists an open goal at every opportunity.
Trust me, with the current state of Scottish football they'll take any 'open goal' opportunities on offer......even if they have feck all to do with the game.............Unite?........kick a ba at'm Jimmy.

doc80905

War Hero
I actually was a member of that lot for a few years. Sort of happened by default, as back in the day in my workplace all of the engineering were in the AEU, a fairly moderate union for mechanical engineering trades people. The AEU merged with the electricians lot, the EETPU, again another moderate union.

Over the years a series of further mergers morphed the whole thing into Amicus and then Unite, an unwieldy, far left behemoth that covered everybody from call centre workers to British Airways trolley dollys (they actually had the cheek to ask for a whip round for the BA cabin staff when they went on strike a few years ago - that didn't go down particularly well in my bothy)

offog

LE
Seems that 42% of ScotGov budget isn't enough…..it would be interesting to see just how much would cover it.

Seems Scottish Labour isn't as democratic as they portray…..
Didn't something similar happen some years ago with the union trying to get a family member into a parliamentary seat?

I actually was a member of that lot for a few years. Sort of happened by default, as back in the day in my workplace all of the engineering were in the AEU, a fairly moderate union for mechanical engineering trades people. The AEU merged with the electricians lot, the EETPU, again another moderate union.

Over the years a series of further mergers morphed the whole thing into Amicus and then Unite, an unwieldy, far left behemoth that covered everybody from call centre workers to British Airways trolley dollys (they actually had the cheek to ask for a whip round for the BA cabin staff when they went on strike a few years ago - that didn't go down particularly well in my bothy)
I participated in a wholly unintentional event at which members of one or other of the rail unions were heavily represented. Without divulging what the event was, it had absolutely nothing to do with either unions or railways - indeed, if anything had more to do with the military. What on earth these people were about is beyond me - other than that there was an associated social dimension, it was in london and in terms of presentation, I would have to describe the group as appearing to be 'minted'. Arthur Scargill and 'big houses' springs to mind.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The complaint system does work, sort of. I contacted Scotgov to ask why such operations were consistently missing target times at Ninewells (having googled for problems first). That sparked Scotgov telling Ninewells to contact me and explain what the problem was, otherwise I'd never have known. One positive is they said I'm unlikely to be waiting 12-19 months (I took it to mean I'd be seen earlier, but we'll see :) ).
Whilst the complaint itself has never been addressed, we mysteriously got a phone call on afternoon of the day I submitted it offering an appointment within a week when we had previously been told 9-12 months!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It means ra Embra fenians would kick ra sheite outa ra Embra huns. Clarity is a great thing.
We have a "fitba" thread precisely for that sort of thing.

Though it does seem to concentrate on the West side of the Central Belt

offog

LE
Aye, that worked out well for them

Thankfully the plant was reprieved after much furious back peddling from the union.
Although interesting that's not the one. It was something to do with Unite(?) shoehorning one of their officials (possibly nepotism) into a selection process for a Labour seat against the members wishes.

homeworker

War Hero
Although interesting that's not the one. It was something to do with Unite(?) shoehorning one of their officials (possibly nepotism) into a selection process for a Labour seat against the members wishes.
Wasn’t it the girlie Murphy who is Corbyn’s adviser currently promoted into a non-job to isolate her and Corbyn

Currently waiting for a 1.2cm kidney stone to be removed at Ninewells in Dundee. Despite waiting for nearly 6 months they've informed me the current waiting list is 12-18 months!

At least they are trying, they said the consultant who sacked it and moved away is being brought back and, to clear the backlog, will be operating at Ninewells, PRI, Stracathro and possibly Aberdeen.
Can't you get a referral to the Western General (Edinburgh) Lithotripter centre?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Can't you get a referral to the Western General (Edinburgh) Lithotripter centre?
Unless there is an SLA in place, crosd boundary treatment can be difficult.

(Unless one of the specialities at the Golden Jubilee)

Unless there is an SLA in place, crosd boundary treatment can be difficult.

(Unless one of the specialities at the Golden Jubilee)
I had thought the Golden Jubilee was a specialized 'heart' hospital (I checked online and it appears to have become a more multi-specialized NHS unit - big change since I was there many years ago (working).

For the easily amused/triggered (delete as appropriate)

Latest Threads