Scottish Politics Thread

You have to hate love Ms Sturgeon SNP on her stance of support as 2nd vote foe Scottish Independence or she SNP will not support Labour. Nice to see her lose a 2nd Scottish Independence vote and perhaps ask for a 3rd or until the SNP win.

So an independent Scotland loses the British military bases including Faslane and massive unemployment from this. No free spending, the need to apply to join the EU and the fiscal decline will lead to wide spend unemployment.

Yes Scotland Vote for independence/ Let the loony Ms Sturgeon lead you over the cliff.

You have to hate love Ms Sturgeon SNP on her stance of support as 2nd vote foe Scottish Independence or she SNP will not support Labour. Nice to see her lose a 2nd Scottish Independence vote and perhaps ask for a 3rd or until the SNP win.

So an independent Scotland loses the British military bases including Faslane and massive unemployment from this. No free spending, the need to apply to join the EU and the fiscal decline will lead to wide spend unemployment.

Yes Scotland Vote for independence/ Let the loony Ms Sturgeon lead you over the cliff.
Yet there's still thousands who think the SNP are doing a good job. I really don't understand the thinking of these people. Scotlands descent into rack and ruin has been constantly gaining speed over the last 12 years......yet still they vote.
Independence from the hated English at the cost of a bankrupt country. You really couldn't make it up.

Yet there's still thousands who think the SNP are doing a good job. I really don't understand the thinking of these people. Scotlands descent into rack and ruin has been constantly gaining speed over the last 12 years......yet still they vote.
Independence from the hated English at the cost of a bankrupt country. You really couldn't make it up.
The ABE mentality of some Scots is akin to the vote Labour mentality in some parts of England. The economics of independence haven't changed much since 2014 but one thing that has changed is people can see that leaving a union is not straightforward. If we do have another referendum, it will be fascinating/scary/funny to see how the question of a customs border between England and Scotland is dealt with.

.......... it will be fascinating/scary/funny to see how the question of a customs border between England and Scotland is dealt with.
It will be a bit easier than with the Irish, neither party will be in the eu.

Seadog

ADC
Sturgeon may be in a rush to have another referendum before the penny drops with the hard core Saltire waving Harry Lauder clones. Almost everything the SNP touches turns to shit. ‘Hope’ is no substitute for popular - with more than just the faithful- policies, a good set of plans and the competence to see them through.

The opposition at Holyrood need some heavy hitters who can make things very uncomfortable for the bunch of dobbers in the Greens and YesNP.

The deflation of the scruffy fat banker Blackford and his Jakey sidekick Black at Westminster can’t come soon enough.

Despite being an SNP voter over 3 decades, I'm afraid your comment has a threatening ring of truth to it.
I've already posted here weeks back my views that Indy is pretty much dead in the water as a viable alternative to Scotland's future.
Talking of debt black-holes in the making.....
Here's my worry:
And this one is 3 years old.....it's worse now of course.
And no, I have no credible remedies or viable solutions in mind.
Neither has anyone else it seems to me.
I'm likely to just give up voting for anyone bar our local ( and very hard working) SNP councillor.

Last edited:
Despite being an SNP voter over 3 decades, I'm afraid your comment has a threatening ring of truth to it.
Good grief! A sensible SNP voter. We ought to have you stuffed and put in the national museum for posterity.

I've already posted here weeks back my views that Indy is pretty much dead in the water as a viable alternative to Scotland's future.
Talking of debt black-holes in the making.....
Here's my worry:
And this one is 3 years old.....it's worse now of course.
And no, I have no credible remedies or viable solutions in mind.
Neither has anyone else it seems to me.
I'm likely to just give up voting for anyone bar our local ( and very hard working) SNP councillor.
What's the likelihood of them getting near the top ?
I get the need for a nationalist party rattling cages to ensure equitable treatment and to challenge entrenched thought. For a country of 4 nations of varying voting size, it's necessary imho. As Independence movements not so much.

What's the likelihood of them getting near the top ?
I do not know...who does? SNP needs a Holyrood root & branch clean out and a clean sheet of paper in my view.
I did not have issues with SNP as a conceptual & political model for Scotland. That was pre Salmond days never mind Wee Nippy. As I presented before on this thread ( the infamous McCrone Report) from the early 70's, it's absolutely no wonder initial negotiations over Indy were killed when the North Sea was developing, The very thought, through independence, of a £1.00 to £1.20 exchange rate, the mere conception of Scotland becoming ( as Norway did) a lush Kuwait with excessive per-capita reserves while Westminster burned was not ever an option given the crippling national debt.

If we had been "let go" back then, we'd not be now what many here consider as an unfair drain on the Treasury today. I would say to them...think again who to blame...once they have done a bit of even handed investigation. Those who care to read the report of Prof. Gavin McCrone from 1974 will see for themselves the nightmare scenario it presented Westminster including the horror of the biggest international banks setting up shop 10 to the dozen Swiss style (probably) in Edinburgh & Glasgow...perhaps pulling out of so called " The City".
Independence was set to Quote:
Provide Scotland with chronic surplus to a quite embarrassing degree and its currency would become the hardest in Europe". This led successive iterations of the British government to classify the McCrone report as "secret"...sort of.....read "suppressed......but not quite locked away. It was put into the free public domain only in 2005.....you may guess why.

Not my words, opinions, or findings...it's all there. Anyone wants to call it a load of cock, write to Prof. Gavin McCrone himself. It was such a load of cock(?) it caused The Village in Englandsheer in political terms to shat itself...and rightly so. He was and is one of the finest Keynesian intellectuals & economists of the 20th & 21st century. That's why his reports were taken as bible. He was right. Simples. Ironically, he was commissioned by the Scottish Office. He was probably not too surprised to see the Report minimised publically as far as possible without committing it to Top Secret Westminster "Eyes Only". It was, however, not lost upon the SNP but unfortunately too many of my "compatriots" have spent decades howling at a "oor Oil" moon that has long disappeared in billion barrel volumes, probably never to rise again.

Last edited:
Shit.
No bog roll or tea bags? :oops:
We'll be fine with tea bags as we have:

Made fur oor hard Scottish Water and no that soft English *spits* Shite!!

And if ye want to wipe yer erse a good handfoo o heather will get thon clinkers aff nae bother pal!

Latest Threads