Scottish Politics Thread

Derek Mackay obviously attended the same school as Dianne Abbott

Scotland's finance secretary has used his speech to the SNP conference to claim the party is winning the argument on Scotland's economic future.
Uh - Huh

Scottish government statistics published in August showed that Scotland spent £12.6bn more on public services than it raised in taxes over the previous year.

This was lower than the £13.8bn deficit estimated for the previous year, and was equivalent to 7% of the country's GDP. The UK as a whole has a deficit of £23.5bn - or 1.1% of its GDP.

As people, do we really deserve the retards that allegedly lead us ?

My bold, that is exactly what Ruth wants as well, which is why she stood down as Tory leader. Nic and Ruth agree on no Brexit.
OK, for some strange reason I don't really follow the Tory party in Scotland, although I do remember her making a decent fist of an appearance on Have I got News for You some years back so at least I think I know who you're talking about. To be fair to her, she's also not exactly a lone voice in the party either.

So according to the SNP:
The UK can’t afford to be independent from the EU;
But Scotland can afford to be independent from the UK
You can’t make it up...
Nothing wrong with this position if you assume that Scotland will immediately obtain EU membership and be able to sponge off the Germans instead of us.

The failing of that assumption are: -
The need for a hard border with the UK [negotiable like NI]
The EU's being seen to encourage a regional splinter group. This I suspect is the killer, while the EU per se probably doesn't think it matters, the Spanish and Italians will not be in favour due to the implicit support it gives their separatists. I find it funny that countries who have surrendered so much power to the EU and plan to surrender a lot more get upset about the concept of national borders in a border free Europe, but that's just one of the contradictions of the great USE project.

As people, do we really deserve the retards that allegedly lead us ?
As quoted by the late, great George Carlin, "Ignorant citizens elect ignorant leaders" or Joseph de Maistre "In a democracy, people get the leaders they deserve".
The SNP didn't get into power by luck, there are still many idiots voting for these idiots. In Scotland it's very much Nero fiddling while Rome burns. I don't even think many of them care about Scotland any more, it's all about gettting one over on the English.
It shames me to be from the same country as these fools. Myself and the missus have already said that if the worst happens and Scotland gets its independence, we'll be out of the country before the idiots stop celebrating.

As quoted by the late, great George Carlin, "Ignorant citizens elect ignorant leaders" or Joseph de Maistre "In a democracy, people get the leaders they deserve".
Whilst I wont argue the sentiment - It is a feeble sentiment when '' None of the above '' is not an option. People can only vote for what is on the ballot paper.

In Scotland it's very much Nero fiddling while Rome burns. I don't even think many of them care about Scotland any more, it's all about gettting one over on the English.
Agreed

The SNP didn't get into power by luck, there are still many idiots voting for these idiots. In Scotland it's very much Nero fiddling while Rome burns. I don't even think many of them care about Scotland any more, it's all about gettting one over on the English.
It shames me to be from the same country as these fools. Myself and the missus have already said that if the worst happens and Scotland gets its independence, we'll be out of the country before the idiots stop celebrating.
Just make sure you apply for a passport before you go, though ... one never knows when it might come in handy.

Seadog

ADC
The SNP didn't get into power by luck, there are still many idiots voting for these idiots.
I haven’t seen any photographs or footage of the front row at the current SNP conference but the front row at previous conferences were dominated by books you can judge by their covers. Gurning, slavering, havering halfwits in Poundland kilts.

The top table weren’t much better.

I haven’t seen any photographs or footage of the front row at the current SNP conference but the front row at previous conferences were dominated by books you can judge by their covers. Gurning, slavering, havering halfwits in Poundland kilts.

The top table weren’t much better.
Yup. It's as if they feel the need to drape everything remotely Scottish all over themselves to try to prove they are more Scottish than anyone. I love my country, but I sometimes cringe at seeing a Saltire now, as it's been stolen as a symbol of nationalism by those retards. There are still many good, hard working Scots in the country and they are the silent majority.
I just hope that when the next election comes that they are not so fed up of it all that they dont go out and vote against the SNP.
As mentioned before, there really isn't anyone else to vote for in the Scottish joke of a parliament, but by the Gods, there has to be something better than this horrendous nationalism and hatred of anything English.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yup. It's as if they feel the need to drape everything remotely Scottish all over themselves to try to prove they are more Scottish than anyone. I love my country, but I sometimes cringe at seeing a Saltire now, as it's been stolen as a symbol of nationalism by those retards. There are still many good, hard working Scots in the country and they are the silent majority.
I just hope that when the next election comes that they are not so fed up of it all that they dont go out and vote against the SNP.
As mentioned before, there really isn't anyone else to vote for in the Scottish joke of a parliament, but by the Gods, there has to be something better than this horrendous nationalism and hatred of anything English.
Scottish Nazis, who'd have thunk it? (As in the stereotyping of every St George Cross bearer is an English, far right Nazi)

Up to now, I’ve been firmly in the pro Union camp, but listening to a smug, sneering Sturgeon addressing the SNP Conference this afternoon, my reaction is “if you want Independence so much, please crack on”!
To my Scottish colleagues on here, please tell me she’s spouting shit?!

Seadog

ADC
I haven’t seen any photographs or footage of the front row at the current SNP conference
No shots of the especially excitable and embarrassing, ‘mair Scottish than yooz’
SNP zealots at the conference thus far. Perhaps the broadcaster has been asked to keep the cameras on Nicola and the nearly sleeping ‘body of the kirk’, not the clenched fist, open gobbed Jakeys.

Up to now, I’ve been firmly in the pro Union camp, but listening to a smug, sneering Sturgeon addressing the SNP Conference this afternoon, my reaction is “if you want Independence so much, please crack on”!
She is spouting sense, we all want to remain in Europe, separate from Westminster influence. let’s not forget all those projects funded by European money, it isn’t as if we actually need England for anything is it

I’ll hand over to @Fang_Farrier for his pov

Wonder who’ll end up bailing wee jimmy out?

I’ll take a guess at the rest of the U.K....

you have no worries about that mate , they spout shit every time they open their collective gobs . We are the silent majority it will give us great pleasure watching them fail in any indyref

watched her saying on the news that Westminster is dysfunctional , should probably look in the mirror , the third largest (for the moment) party in Westminster is her own

me and wife discussing who to vote for up here at any imminent GE a Tory vote here is a wasted vote , never will vote labour or illiberal undems, not a chance of the S Nazis , so looks like TBP get another 2 votes

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
She is spouting sense, we all want to remain in Europe, separate from Westminster influence. let’s not forget all those projects funded by European money, it isn’t as if we actually need England for anything is it

I’ll hand over to @Fang_Farrier for his pov
My POV.

In the last 20 years or so, I've seen Labour, coalition, Cons majority, now Cons Minority in HoC.

In Holyrood, Lab/LibDem, minority SNP, Majority SNP and Minority SNP.

The biggest difference to my life has actually been austerity. Saw a major drop in income which is slowly clawing back up so that my net monthly take home is nearly at the level it was 10 years ago.

Other than that my bins still get emptied though fortnightly rather than weekly.

Otherwise despite all the political changes it's fairly much the same.

Wee Nicky yapping on again about neverendum:
Ms Sturgeon confirmed that she will ask the UK government for formal consent by the end of this year.

She said Westminster had "no right" to block the request, and its opposition to indyref2 is "not sustainable".

What has changed between Sept 2014 and now? Have some magic money trees been discovered in a hidden glen in Caithness now that the 'White Paper' has been exposed as economical with the truth?

Wee Nicky yapping on again about neverendum:
Ms Sturgeon confirmed that she will ask the UK government for formal consent by the end of this year.

She said Westminster had "no right" to block the request, and its opposition to indyref2 is "not sustainable".

What has changed between Sept 2014 and now? Have some magic money trees been discovered in a hidden glen in Caithness now that the 'White Paper' has been exposed as economical with the truth?

It's her usual soundbites again. She has to do it as I think she knows she's in for a fight in 2021.
New pledges on free childcare over the summer holidays....there's that word the cult love so much "free". £200m for new treatment centres, and increased carers allowances.

Considering that Police Scotland dont even know where Police wages will be coming from soon, and we still have a £12 billion + defecit......where the feck is this money coming from???
The woman is a lunatic, and so is anyone that votes for her and her party.
I feckin despair, I really do. What a mess we're in.

Wonder who’ll end up bailing wee jimmy out?

I’ll take a guess at the rest of the U.K....

According to the SNP MP on the radio the other day the reason why the Scottish government is running a 7% deficit is the unionist economy. An independent Scotland would be viable without Westminster's influence.
I didn't hear the rest as I was too busy laughing.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads