Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

For those with children
"A retired nurse repeatedly stabbed her 38-year-old daughter after telling her: "I don't love you as much as I used to." "

"Forrester told officers: "I did it. I did not want to do it, but sometimes enough is enough." "

A friend, who was a teacher, posted this on faceache

Richard Lucas questions John Swinney. Order breaks down as people don't want to face the truth of what's being taught in schools.

Warning - contains what is being taught in graphic detail

Last edited:

Dredd

LE
A friend, who was a teacher, posted this on faceache

Richard Lucas questions John Swinney. Order breaks down as people don't want to face the truth of what's being taught in schools.

Warning - contains what is being taught in graphic detail

My daughter is now in S3 and the other one started S1 this year. I'll be interested to find out what sex education materials they are being given by the school as this sounds very strange. If they don't have anything like what this chap is going on about, then where are they? Anyone here got any examples to present to the class? [obviously any gratuitous content such as pictures, real or animated, are not allowed under site rules]

Dredd

LE
Seems at least one paper (guess who) has picked up this point:

I'm actually not that bothered that neither the police nor the council spent time estimating the figures, as they had better things to do with the extremely limited resources the SG grudgingly pays for that is not directly associated with forcing the independence message. This means that the FFG figure is the official counter to the wildly over-exaggerated pick-a-number-any-number from the AUOD. I would believe 11,000 (although that may be a little low) far more readily than 250,000 (fantastical and obviously way too high).

What I don't understand is how AUOD get away with this blatant crowd inflation time after time, when they are demonstrably proven to be false.
Political lying is allowed, as long as it is not about the EU :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sure they only do it to show solidarity with the thicko by the name of Dianne Abbott ;);)

My daughter is now in S3 and the other one started S1 this year. I'll be interested to find out what sex education materials they are being given by the school as this sounds very strange. If they don't have anything like what this chap is going on about, then where are they? Anyone here got any examples to present to the class? [obviously any gratuitous content such as pictures, real or animated, are not allowed under site rules]
I must admit my initial reaction is that its like the teaching about gays issue - someone's got the wrong end of the stick / wilfully wibbled up the facts and its all blown up amongst rumour exaggerations and half truths.

I do find it concerning though that I dont recall hearing anyone say he was incorrect

I must admit my initial reaction is that its like the teaching about gays issue - someone's got the wrong end of the stick / wilfully wibbled up the facts and its all blown up amongst rumour exaggerations and half truths.

I do find it concerning though that I dont recall hearing anyone say he was incorrect
Surely though, if it was that it would have been extremely easy to close the issue down without it getting potentially very messy.

I agree that it doesn't look very good that no-one is clarifying things. Without getting all conspiraloon abaout it, it stinks.

Dredd

LE
Putting in my tuppence-worth in the Neil Oliver thread, I had linked to an article by The Courier as evidence of how much the Cult hated him because he did not think like them and was happy to articulate that opinion.

I had not spotted the wee poll they had in it (becoming inured to the click-bait that infests these types of sites) so was interested to see what the results revealed, and revealing they were:

Frightening.JPG

I think we can all agree that this is probably an accurate reflection of the country at the moment, exacerbated by the other referendum in 2017 that just spread the misery further.

What I did find surprising was that the paper is based in and for the good citizens of the Peoples Republic of Dundee - so if THEY can see how divisive this has all been (and continues to be), then maybe it isn't all as cuffed as we perhaps thought.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have no problem with this, even though I don't rate wee Nic at all. If this had been a man taking his wife nothing would have been said.
I disagree - I would have * agreed with Sturgeon or Boris or Corbyn going at state expense but partner of no that's optional for this - he has no stately role** so Sturgeon stumps up.

Although I do get you're point that the problem is a man got a freebie

* translation = Would of if you're under 30

**Whereas a state function in the US for example would warrant partner of said state representative to attend.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I disagree - I would have * agreed with Sturgeon or Boris or Corbyn going at state expense but partner of no that's optional for this - he has no stately role** so Sturgeon stumps up.

Although I do get you're point that the problem is a man got a freebie

* translation = Would of if you're under 30

**Whereas a state function in the US for example would warrant partner of said state representative to attend.
People in this type of role spend so much time away from home I have no issue with them accompanying on official business, provided they are not kicking the Arrse out of it.

People in this type of role spend so much time away from home I have no issue with them accompanying on official business, provided they are not kicking the Arrse out of it.
Which home, the really nice private gated mansion next to bothwell castle or the official residence which the taxpayer provides the Andrex

Austerity? Look at the belly on Murrell, the fat mess. He’s not the only pie eater in the party hierarchy.
I have to confess that, having not looked at ARRSE for some time, my mind quickly settled back into harness and my first thought on seeing that picture was, "Poor women. No wonder she seems so surly - imagine that humping its evil way on top of her every night.".

Fortunately, my more civilized, mature and socially-aware consciousness kicked in, and I realized how juvenile and sexist I was being. "Nah,", I thought, "she probably rides on top."

Then I thought about it for a few more seconds, switched back to 'normal' mode, and ordered 10 litres of combined, industrial-strength eye and mind bleach ... I'm tracking it on DHL's website as we speak.

I have to confess that, having not looked at ARRSE for some time, my mind quickly settled back into harness and my first thought on seeing that picture was, "Poor women. No wonder she seems so surly - imagine that humping its evil way on top of her every night.".

Fortunately, my more civilized, mature and socially-aware consciousness kicked in, and I realized how juvenile and sexist I was being. "Nah,", I thought, "she probably rides on top."

Then I thought about it for a few more seconds, switched back to 'normal' mode, and ordered 10 litres of combined, industrial-strength eye and mind bleach ... I'm tracking it on DHL's website as we speak.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's just that some people are blind or wear beer goggles.

Latest Threads