Scottish Politics Thread

It's not a bad result due to taking a good few votes in a place it's tradionally hard to do so, but as you say it's still a loss, and I had expected it to be a little closer tbh. But still a strong vote for independence and for the EU, not bad considering they tend to usually burn outsiders up there
I thought they wanted their own independence from Scotland?

I thought they wanted their own independence from Scotland?
All the Shetcong I knew when I lived there considered themselves closer to Norway than Scotland (not just geographically).

offog

LE
The problem them becomes that the buggers leave home and then keep coming back.
I did hint to my children that universities in Aberdeen or Exeter or even Australia look very nice. Unfortunately neither of them took up the concept. But as one is in Edinburgh now, not only do we not see him you very rarely hear from him too. Unfortunately the other is only an hour away in York and has a car.

The problem them becomes that the buggers leave home and then keep coming back.
Quite.
Much as we love him etc, ours demobbed in February and we only got rid of him "helped" him move into his bought new home two weeks back.
2 Alpha Males under one roof is not a recipe for eternal harmony. Never argued though...it's just the blue funk of who has priorty over domestic services was the issue!
Which was me.:rolleyes:

offog

LE
Quite.
Much as we love him etc, ours demobbed in February and we only got rid of him "helped" him move into his bought new home two weeks back.
2 Alpha Males under one roof is not a recipe for eternal harmony. Never argued though...it's just the blue funk of who has priorty over domestic services was the issue!
Which was me.:rolleyes:
My parents moved house when I was in Germany and on my first NI tour. As an 18 year old on R&R I arrived at Bagshot station not knowing where they lived. Fortunately I had 10p for the phone and as it was a better part of Surry the phones still worked.

Bagshot had nine pubs at that time and the Threshers sold the most drink in that region. I don't think it had any thing to do with the shy pilot college that was located in the village.

My parents moved house when I was in Germany and on my first NI tour. As an 18 year old on R&R I arrived at Bagshot station not knowing where they lived. Fortunately I had 10p for the phone and as it was a better part of Surry the phones still worked.

Bagshot had nine pubs at that time and the Threshers sold the most drink in that region. I don't think it had any thing to do with the shy pilot college that was located in the village.
So you didn't realise they were trying to tell you something then :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nice to see Glasgow in its true form yesterday

1567266734887.png

And who says Glasgow is now not a multicultural society

And that's without mentioning sporting issues!

View attachment 414264

Thanks for the tourist tips, for those wishing to indulge in a ulsterbus weekend pass. Almost as if you were selling negative PR as a reason to visit…..
Listening to a couple of m'learned friends of the catholic persuasion, flyers were circulated on thursday night at a certain football venue very close to drumoyne road… m'learned friends insist that only inbred bottom feeders would dare attack those innocent admirers of flute music...

On a serious note

View attachment 414264

One of the most divided sectarian communities on mainland uk*, suprised it hasn't happened more frequently tbh.

* I remember very friendly relations between Rangers & Celtic fans, but this has nothing to do with football rivalries, more to do with religious bigotry, insensitive pillocks and violently opposed religious bigots on the other side, basically Bigots Utd v Bigots City with the officials coming from Polis Wanderers.

Thanks for the tourist tips, for those wishing to indulge in a ulsterbus weekend pass. Almost as if you were selling negative PR as a reason to visit…..
Listening to a couple of m'learned friends of the catholic persuasion, flyers were circulated on thursday night at a certain football venue very close to drumoyne road… m'learned friends insist that only inbred bottom feeders would dare attack those innocent admirers of flute music...

On a serious note
Over a year overdue on a £95 million Scottish government funded project for two not so big ferries plus a £45 million loan to the firm from the same Scottish government. Problems with the hull, electrics and propulsion. Dual fuel was specified (lpg +oil) and is being touted as a major hurdle even though it's not so unusual around the world.
SG also guaranteeing workers wages.

offog

LE
* I remember very friendly relations between Rangers & Celtic fans, but this has nothing to do with football rivalries, more to do with religious bigotry, insensitive pillocks and violently opposed religious bigots on the other side, basically Bigots Utd v Bigots City with the officials coming from Polis Wanderers.
I did not know there was such a large group of Sunni and Shias in Glasgow.

Did they also bring their pipe bands too.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Over a year overdue on a £95 million Scottish government funded project for two not so big ferries plus a £45 million loan to the firm from the same Scottish government. Problems with the hull, electrics and propulsion. Dual fuel was specified (lpg +oil) and is being touted as a major hurdle even though it's not so unusual around the world.
SG also guaranteeing workers wages.

The SG took over administration for a month and will only assume complete control if no other buyer can be found.

Reports are that there are several interested parties at present.

doc80905

War Hero

View attachment 414264

You do have to wonder what GCC were thinking would happen sanctioning such a march (in Govan FFS!)

I'm from the blue half of the old firm, and stay in the sticks (ish) where we have a mix of Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell and Hearts (Hearts fans are by far the biggest wind ups regarding our period of admin and general unpleasantness btw).

My best mate who I have ran about with for the best part of 30 years is a Celtic ST holder, I'm a Rangers ST holder (I'll be in CD3 as usual later today), and we've never even remotely came to blows over our teams. Both of us are complete non-believers as are a lot of other OF fans I know but unfortunately your knuckle draggers from both halfs will always let their side down.

Maybe a good start would be to stop splitting children up at 4/5 years old with religious schooling? It's a green party policy, why didn't they offer up that concession at the budget rather than the ridiculous workplace parking tax (the shift worker tax)?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Maybe a good start would be to stop splitting children up at 4/5 years old with religious schooling? I

I must agree, There is absolutely no need for separate schooling.

Even worse is that it leads to unfair opportunities for teachers, where some can not teach at some schools.

You don't even need to speak Gaelic to teach at a Gaelic school.

Latest Threads