Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@exbluejob I seen some Aberdeen councillor "jokingly" suggest each marcher donate 20p to cover the costs

"Fit loon? Fars yir 20p? Yir no merching"
"An tak yir Quine wi you"

We'll see. I've long suspected things like a hard brexit and BoJo as PM would give us the final push across the line, and weeks after the latter happening, we are seeing sustained support for both the SNP and indy. Wait until BawJaws forces us into a hard brexit, we'll be voting YES next year, guarantee it
Please, make it so. The only problem is, how will we stop the economic migrants heading south?

Serpico

Old-Salt
Please, make it so. The only problem is, how will we stop the economic migrants heading south?
I would if I could, Captain Kirk. Oh I don't know, a wall?

Hilarious banter though chief. How do Denmark and Belgium manage to support themselves, does England generously keep them afloat too? And why exactly is your government so keen to keep us? Fraternal love? Or the fact we give more to the union than we get back?

Hilarious banter though chief. How do Denmark and Belgium manage to support themselves, does England generously keep them afloat too? And why exactly is your government so keen to keep us? Fraternal love? Or the fact we give more to the union than we get back?
Why is so much money sent north now?
Why do so many migrants head south now?
Once the money stops, the exodus will only increase. You will become McMexico.

Let’s look at Belgium, split in half either Walloon or Flemish depending where you stay. Home of FN you know the company that gave the word the Fal aka the SLR
Home of tintin...
Home of some nice blond beers
And of course a tax rate of see below that really does fix the potholes in only one side of the country

Did I mention chocolates famous the world over
Or the fact they really really like to tax you

Venezuela of the North.
To England's post-Brexit emulation of Zimbabwe (especially if the idiots vote for Corbyn's Communist Party).

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Apart from the heat! :pale:
1566197118238.png

Prestwick airport carpark last week.

Middle Miss Fang's car is among those, she only returned last night.

Apparently after a week of sitting filled with water, the inside is a little damp and mouldy!

Can she sue the Scottish Government? After all it is their airport?

Especially since a quick google search reveals this has happened before so muct be a known risk

Not lost - bussed in, as most of them are.......
Excellent post. The Nats seem to get more frothy after they have a wander through a town where no one wants them, waving their flags, shouting their slogans, lying about their numbers and being thoroughly assured that now they've had another march, the Scottish people as a whole now want independence.
When in reality the locals of the poor city picked as the next place to bus in a load of dribbling loons, all wander about muttering "oh f#@k off" under their breath, and get stuck in traffic waiting for Karen to trundle past on her disability scooter bedecked with Yes flags, and the normal people just get on with their day ignoring the yelling muppets.
Then the next day it's all forgotten about again. But hell.....at least it gives all the village idiots a day out.

Dredd

LE
Excellent post. The Nats seem to get more frothy after they have a wander through a town where no one wants them, waving their flags, shouting their slogans, lying about their numbers and being thoroughly assured that now they've had another march, the Scottish people as a whole now want independence.
When in reality the locals of the poor city picked as the next place to bus in a load of dribbling loons, all wander about muttering "oh f#@k off" under their breath, and get stuck in traffic waiting for Karen to trundle past on her disability scooter bedecked with Yes flags, and the normal people just get on with their day ignoring the yelling muppets.
Then the next day it's all forgotten about again. But hell.....at least it gives all the village idiots a day out.
And gives the local village idiot the day off, having been replaced by a professional.

See, the SNP is having a positive effect on education, village idiots get to learn from the professionals!
Mmm..quite.
I consider myself politically "stateless" now bud.
Out of hope, disillusioned, passion for Indy all worn smooth.
Where to turn and not waste my vote, or not vote at all?

Dredd

LE
Supposedly in STV, your vote is not wasted. It is not PR, but it is definitely not FPTP.

The concept of Party politics is no longer able to cater effectively to an educated, literate and digitally connected population. Much as people want an easily identifiable option to get behind, they realise that while we can mainly agree on most aspects, we do not agree on all aspects. For some, these differences are irreconcilable. For many, they are ignored as inconvenient or less relevant to the overall purpose.

The SNP has successfully sold itself as an alternative to the Labour-dominated map of the past who are busily working on their own extinction, but finds that many (or even most) do not necessarily subscribe to their only real fundamental purpose of being, which makes it really confusing both internally and externally. Especially when they continue to dominate the agenda and voting results seem to back them up. While it is easy to suggest that this is because of the weakness of the opposition, there must still be some strength to their team which continues to attract.

Vote for your local MP / MSP / Councillor, based on what you think of them - the party rosette is informative but not all-important. And note that when it comes to voting in Parliament / Council, the others have members who can vote against Party policy when they believe it is valid, but the SNP cannot. And if you do not agree with all the SNP states it is about then it not a matter of selecting the one you think may represent you but excluding the one you know definitely won't.

Mmm..quite.
I consider myself politically "stateless" now bud.
Out of hope, disillusioned, passion for Indy all worn smooth.
Where to turn and not waste my vote, or not vote at all?
For Holyrood elections I'm in a similar state. No longer vote SNP because of many things but particularly their refusal to accept the result of either referendum, don't have any faith in Ruth Davidson because, like Theresea May she's a Liberal in Tory clothing, SLab are completely hopeless and the Greens are about on a par with Slab.

About the only thing I'd consider voting for is myself and I'm not standing!

For Holyrood elections I'm in a similar state. No longer vote SNP because of many things but particularly their refusal to accept the result of either referendum, don't have any faith in Ruth Davidson because, like Theresea May she's a Liberal in Tory clothing, SLab are completely hopeless and the Greens are about on a par with Slab.

About the only thing I'd consider voting for is myself and I'm not standing!
Get your nose in the trough, like the rest of them :-D

Latest Threads