Scottish Politics Thread

smff73

Old-Salt
You mean like the "B" word? After all the majority voted to leave. Unless you are SNP, then results for any referendum don't count. :-D
Agreed, Brexit should be carried through, after all, we were given the vote. What’s the point if it’s ignored? Same with the Scottish Independence referendum. Why start the whole process, sign up to it, then stamp your feet and have a tantrum when it doesn’t go your way?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There is a Kirk for sale on Orkney which would suit him ideally, it’s in the village of Twatt.
Orkney is fairly safe LibDem country no matter how much their MP is a proven liar.

Serpico

Old-Salt
I believe that the poll sample was circa 1000 people. In other words statistically insignificant.
It's amusing how all unionists have suddenly become polling experts recently. Why exactly do you think a professional pollster - an English Tory to boot - would run and publish statisically insignificant polls that support independence?! It truly beggars belief

So there ya go, it was indeed statisically significant at 99% confidence and 4% margin of error. The complete lies fed to us during the referendum, the Brexit fiasco, and now Bawjaws Bojo are also extremely significant. It's happening lads, like it or not

So there ya go, it was indeed statisically significant at 99% confidence and 4% margin of error.
Que? With a population of 5 mill, using your calculator, they would need a sample of 2400 for 95% confidence so need to invite 12,000 to participate based on expected response rates. 4144 for a 99% rate with 20,720 invited.

Serpico

Old-Salt
Que? With a population of 5 mill, using your calculator, they would need a sample of 2400 for 95% confidence so need to invite 12,000 to participate based on expected response rates. 4144 for a 99% rate with 20,720 invited.
I've absolutely no idea how you got those results man, I can't replicate them haha. I'm getting a required sample of 1037 @99% confidence/4% margin

BTW, although I quoted you, it wasn't aimed directly at you, just been hearing this chat a lot recently. Go and answer the question in my original post though?

PS - 5.4 mil plus change population, we're mad shaggers eh ;)

Arguing the semantics over a few polls is a bit like arguing over the colour of the funnels on the Titanic.
This week there is a marginal increase in yes voters due to the Boris effect. Next week it will change due to the bank holiday rail strike ( or whatever).
The bottom line is, last time round we didn't believe the white paper and voted no. If we get to another referendum, the SNP had better have a much better grasp of the finances or the result will be the same, Brexit or no Brexit.

I've absolutely no idea how you got those results man, I can't replicate them haha. I'm getting a required sample of 1037 @99% confidence/4% margin
Ah you went for 4% error, I left it at the default of 2%.

Go and answer the question in my original post though?
Why would an English Tory publish this poll? Ask me one on sport.

Serpico

Old-Salt
Ah you went for 4% error, I left it at the default of 2%.

Why would an English Tory publish this poll? Ask me one on sport.
Aye, think the original poll was at 4%. No, why would a professional pollster run and publish statisically insignificant polls?

And who are the only British club with a 100% competitive record versus FC Barcelona?

Serpico

Old-Salt
The correct question is why does Dundee need a English museum to compliment the RRS Discovery
It looks smart, it added value to my parents apartment, and we need tourists to fill the million hotels we have here now

Apparently inside it's pretty uninspiring and dull, much like the city tbf

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Arguing the semantics over a few polls is a bit like arguing over the colour of the funnels on the Titanic.
This week there is a marginal increase in yes voters due to the Boris effect. Next week it will change due to the bank holiday rail strike ( or whatever).
The bottom line is, last time round we didn't believe the white paper and voted no. If we get to another referendum, the SNP had better have a much better grasp of the finances or the result will be the same, Brexit or no Brexit.
Next time round, expect a more broad approach with no details just a slogan or two, possibly on the side of a bus.

Next time round, expect a more broad approach with no details just a slogan or two, possibly on the side of a bus.
I think we Scots are a little more canny and after that last tissue of lies, known as The White Paper, will be looking for something more truthful.