Scottish Politics Thread

Please See below a statement by Bishop John Keenan not exactly politically Neutral

Many thanks to our Scottish MPs at Westminster for their good work on behalf of our parishes in trying to safeguard summer cover for our Sunday Masses that lets our priests get a holiday.
The UK Government's sudden and drachonian changes to immigration rules for religious leaders have brought an end to a simple and long-standing arrangement we have of inviting priests from abroad on summer visas to cover for a month or so.
It is proof that recent immigration rule changes around faith are clumsy and blunt and create endless new problems, without addressing the ones they claim to need fixing.
Speical thanks to the SNP who secured an Opposition Debate on 4 July, led by SNP MP Stuart McDonald, requiring the Immigration Minister, Caroline Nokes, to attend the Westminster Hall debate and justify the Government’s policy.
Gavin Newlands, MP for Paisley and Renfrewshire North said: “Religious leaders in my constituency are extremely worried, not only about the financial and practical implications, but about the human costs of those hostile policy changes. I will .... touch on some of the representations that I have received from faith leaders across Renfrewshire, including from Bishop John Keenan.”
If they can't recruit or pay enough to ensure they have enough cover during holiday times then tough. I'm sure their Sky* God will understand.

It's as if parliament doesn't have enough important business to discuss FFS!!

* Not Sky TV

If they can't recruit or pay enough to ensure they have enough cover during holiday times then tough. I'm sure their Sky* God will understand.

It's as if parliament doesn't have enough important business to discuss FFS!!

* Not Sky TV
Religion is, very slowly, dying on its feet in Europe (except Islam) as witness the number of churches now turned into pubs and housing. I find it quite irritating that religion argues its 'special' case, exemption from taxes etc.

Religion is, very slowly, dying on its feet in Europe (except Islam) as witness the number of churches now turned into pubs and housing. I find it quite irritating that religion argues its 'special' case, exemption from taxes etc.
Islam will go the same way, eventually. Millions of kids from Islamic parents will eventually succumb to the evils of modern life and Western democratic principles and freedoms and turn against Islam.

It won't be all by any means, indoctrination can be very difficult to overcome, but as you can't (generally) police children 24/7 sooner or later it will happen, and not soon enough.

Islam will go the same way, eventually. Millions of kids from Islamic parents will eventually succumb to the evils of modern life and Western democratic principles and freedoms and turn against Islam.
Big thread deviation I know. I have lived and worked in Dubai and there are what they call 'modern muslims' who drink alcohol. During holidays in KSA there are a vast number who come to Dubai and go drinking and go with the hookers. Why its different over the border I don't know, nor how they deal with it in their heads. In England the drug suppliers are mainly Muslim in the North. They have no issues with coming out of the mosque and dealing, after all they're selling to kuffirs so no problem.
I cannot see that they'll renounce their religion while they already deal with the cognitive dissonance with no problem.
Sorry, back to Scottish stuff now, here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few an they're aw deid!

All I keep seeing in the UK is churches either being turned into hipster homes or Mosques, yeah for cultural enrichment

During holidays in KSA there are a vast number who come to Dubai and go drinking and go with the hookers. Why its different over the border I don't know, nor how they deal with it in their heads.
They do these things in dark corners where Allah can't see them, so it's ok.

And in a move that will surprise no one...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And in a move that will surprise no one...

The rationale is about who is more likely to stay in Scotland.

Scottish and surprisingly overseas graduates are more likely to stay in Scotland, at least initially. However those from elsewhere in the UK return home.

There is a great clamour to increase the number of doctors, and this is one way to help achieve that

The rationale is about who is more likely to stay in Scotland.

Scottish and surprisingly overseas graduates are more likely to stay in Scotland, at least initially. However those from elsewhere in the UK return home.

There is a great clamour to increase the number of doctors, and this is one way to help achieve that
Seeing as how I knew nurses and doctors that qualified at Ninewells that couldn't get jobs in Dundee or elsewhere in Scotland, how do you figure that?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Seeing as how I knew nurses and doctors that qualified at Ninewells that couldn't get jobs in Dundee or elsewhere in Scotland, how do you figure that?
Well they obviously didn't look North, we have loads of vacancies up here.

Are you really saying that you haven't heard of the current shortages of medical professionals? And projected future shortfalls?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1dpaTczf-sEFURmYzh2qNP
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1esvk589a5CBNJzGP9Gs6k

Scottish workforce plan delayed as GPs warn shortages are getting worse

Well they obviously didn't look North, we have loads of vacancies up here.

Are you really saying that you haven't heard of the current shortages of medical professionals? And projected future shortfalls?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1dpaTczf-sEFURmYzh2qNP
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1esvk589a5CBNJzGP9Gs6k

Scottish workforce plan delayed as GPs warn shortages are getting worse
No, I'm not saying that in the slightest. One of the nurses I knew even had to take a job in the North of England, strange how the North of Scotland didn't if you're that short.

Couldn't we make a film about Hereward the wake-with No Scots and insist it should be Shown in Scotland-after all Bruce's were Norman Interlopers
You do know that the BBC frequently shows historical dramas in Scotland with no Scottish component don’t you? Examples off the top of my head are The White Queen, and The Last Kingdom.
It’s a total non-issue.

You do know that the BBC frequently shows historical dramas in Scotland with no Scottish component don’t you? Examples off the top of my head are The White Queen, and The Last Kingdom.
It’s a total non-issue.
Oh Ihave no doubt about that, but Salmond did demand more Scottish involvement of Scots actors in BBC other wise he’d ban the programs if they were shown in Scotland. I can remember that.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Another well put letter from Mr Howell
Capture.JPG

They've done this sort of trick before......anyone remember the SNP National Survey of 2016......the one they claimed 1,700,000 had responded to. We heard nothing of that, although Nicoliar said we would be told the results.

Obviously they got the wrong answer on independence and binned it.