Scottish Politics Thread

Whats more interesting is watching Katie Hopkins rip this gobshite Femi tosser a new ******** in an interview (you can see it on youtube) - she asked him where his funding was coming from and who was paying for his cover organisations move into very expensive swanky riverside offices in London he tried to bullshit, got extremely tongue tied then his 'minder' broke into the interview to drag him away for a moment - he never returned to the interview and clearly they had something to hide. Sadly, the mainstream media are not interested in looking at Remain funding.
Sure, it's all a massive deep state conspiracy. Right up your street, conspiracies.

nothing fair about it! - the BP finances had received a clean bill of health from the EC the week before Broon (one of the architects of Brexit!) popped up and magically 1 hr after his public speech filled with allegations the EC 'raided' the BP to investigate those false allegations - again the EC were forced to admit (very very quietly) that the BP funding was ok and still this idiot Smith banded around fake/false/unfounded allegations of impropriety on a national news broadcast - as usual this was all designed and organised in a blatant attempt by the mainstream parties, media and chattering twitterarti to explain away the fact that the BP won big (incl. coming second in Scotland) and the Tories/Labour losing badly - its all a fix! it was the russians! it was overspending! (by the way, thats since been completely debunked as Sky news had to admit in one of there post election broadcasts that the BP actually spent very little in comparison to the others and in particular Change UK which magically spent 100s of thousands of pounds in Facebook and Twitter advertising in the 4 wks before the election) Change UK revealed as biggest spender on Facebook adverts ahead of EU elections - maybe the EC should check on who was funding Change UK!
View attachment 399397

View attachment 399398

Deep state bassas!

Today:

Brexit Party asked to check legality of all past donations by election watchdog

So you don't even read, or comprehend, what you post then. Key part of your link:

"the watchdog said last week that although there was no evidence of illegality having occurred,"

So, just a "do yourselves and us a favour and check all your donations please" rather than a "Watchdog launches full investigation into Brexit Party finances".

Nothing to see here except more Remoaner bitchin'

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So this wonderful piece of propaganda arrived today, A4 shiny paper, folds out to the Brexit poster on inside.

I wonder who paid for it.

64524852_622184424953152_5762695369234317312_n.jpg
64911145_2260669907352597_7910325724727214080_n.jpg
65166557_334368474161078_5289404653413335040_n.jpg

And why send it now?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Do you actually care who paid for it? Does it matter and do you have sleepless nights worrying over who paid for all the leaflets that came through your door or just the Brexit Party ones?
I get so few leaflets I do wonder who sends them and why.

Do you actually care who paid for it? Does it matter and do you have sleepless nights worrying over who paid for all the leaflets that came through your door or just the Brexit Party ones?
You’re not even a tiny bit curious as to why NF is spending your money as a “subscriber” by sending stuff like this out right now?

Fang, is it any good for drying out wet boots?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You’re not even a tiny bit curious as to why NF is spending your money as a “subscriber” by sending stuff like this out right now?

Given the non absorbent nature of the paper, I would recommend it for under the boots to stop the floor getting marked

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Alcohol sales drop as minimum price kicks in

Minimum pricing is having an effect although we are still drinking more than our Southern shandy drinking counterparts!

And despite recommended amount being 14 units a week, the average adult buys 19 units a week.

We ask for alcohol consumption on our medical history forms, most folk state nil or just two or three units, so who's fecking drinking it all?

I get so few leaflets I do wonder who sends them and why.
it was paid for by at least 100,000 people whove paid a minimum of £25 each and a few larger donors - all of those individuals details have been passed to the Electoral Commission who has found no illegality (twice!).
In regard to why now?, why not! - clearly the Tories/Labour and SNPee are in turmoil (Sturgeon increasingly on shaky ground with her very poor leadership) and there might very well be a GE happening in the next 6 months. Its actually common sense politics to get your message out - particularly when the vast majority of the mainstream media are against the Brexit Party and it is dificult to get their message out.
Only a minority of people are contactable via Faceache and Instagram and many dont watch TV news these days so the odd leaflet has a better chance of breaking through - as evidenced by yourself!
As an aside, both Labour and the Tories funds are pretty low at present so the BP can do this when they can't.
Strangely enough no commentaters are questioning the source of the funds for the Remain parties, I wonder why!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
it was paid for by at least 100,000 people whove paid a minimum of £25 each and a few larger donors - all of those individuals details have been passed to the Electoral Commission who has found no illegality (twice!).
In regard to why now?, why not! - clearly the Tories/Labour and SNPee are in turmoil (Sturgeon increasingly on shaky ground with her very poor leadership) and there might very well be a GE happening in the next 6 months. Its actually common sense politics to get your message out - particularly when the vast majority of the mainstream media are against the Brexit Party and it is dificult to get their message out.
Only a minority of people are contactable via Faceache and Instagram and many dont watch TV news these days so the odd leaflet has a better chance of breaking through - as evidenced by yourself!
As an aside, both Labour and the Tories funds are pretty low at present so the BP can do this when they can't.
Strangely enough no commentaters are questioning the source of the funds for the Remain parties, I wonder why!
There is no mention anywhere on this leaflet of the Brexit Party anywhere

Not even curious in the slightest, nor who funds them as there's nothing more I can do in the Scotgov/SNP area as I already don't vote for them :)

I'm only making a point of this as it seems current media and the Left's focus to raise the funding issue for everything on the Right (and you don't get more legally Right than Farage and his projects) whenever they raise issues or do something that pee's them off.

They're all at it tbh and who's funding what never comes up, strange that.

Not even curious in the slightest, nor who funds them as there's nothing more I can do in the Scotgov/SNP area as I already don't vote for them :)

I'm only making a point of this as it seems current media and the Left's focus to raise the funding issue for everything on the Right (and you don't get more legally Right than Farage and his projects) whenever they raise issues or do something that pee's them off.

They're all at it tbh and who's funding what never comes up, strange that.
Well, like I said in a previous post, this looks more like NF is using EU money to campaign for the Nigel Farage personality cult, as the flyer is branded as EFDD rather than BP. I'm fairly sure he is within his rights to do so, although it smells a little.
It also explains the timing, as EU Political Groups are forbidden from campaigning during European Elections (that is the preserve of Political Parties), so he is probably using as much of the EU funds as possible to continue promoting the NF brand.

Alcohol sales drop as minimum price kicks in

Minimum pricing is having an effect although we are still drinking more than our Southern shandy drinking counterparts!

And despite recommended amount being 14 units a week, the average adult buys 19 units a week.

We ask for alcohol consumption on our medical history forms, most folk state nil or just two or three units, so who's fecking drinking it all?
I was under the impression that for those able to do so, a monthly trip to England ensured that they could take advantage of the latest offers in our supermarkets.

I was under the impression that for those able to do so, a monthly trip to England ensured that they could take advantage of the latest offers in our supermarkets.
I don't know what to say to this. I don't know anybody who takes monthly trips to England to stock up on white cider, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Incidentally, the report includes both industry sales figures and self-reported consumption figures. Both show a marked decrease.
http://www.healthscotland.scot/media/2587/mesas-monitoring-report-2019.pdf

ETA: I should have noticed that the self-report consumption figures are only up to 2017 and don't include the period since introduction of MPA.

Scotland is a very large country, that option is not open to very many. On my trips North I've not actually noticed any real difference in price (I don't drink the cheap ciders etc). Supermarkets are restricted in the offers they do dahn souf, no buy 6 bottles of wine get 25% off. However they just discount the normal price to achieve the same effect, although not across the whole tranche of wines etc.

Latest Threads