Scottish Politics Thread

Aye that too, but there's a programme about two sisters who cycle round the Western Isles and West Highlands which I quite enjoy, not least because I know one of them.
Know biblically?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Only thing seem to have watched on BBCS is reruns of old comedy shows, including Tutti Frutti and Your Cheatin' Heart
A couple of more modern comedy shows.
Interestingly Breaking the News, an equivalent of mock the week/hignfy, is on both Radio Scotland and the new TV channel but is edited differently so occasionally get different answers to the questions but from same comedians.

Groveling apology time from SNP MEP Alyn Smith.

SNP MEP 'issues full apology' to Brexit Party Chairman - Westmonster

Smith’s apology companies after comments made during a Sky News interview. The SNP MEP has now said: “In that interview I stated in the context of political donations that the Brexit Party is ‘a shell company that’s a money laundering front’.

“Its Chairman, Richard Tice, is concerned by implication this allegation related to him, although that was not my intention.

“Having reflected upon this following a complaint from Mr. Tice, I apologise unreservedly to him and withdraw my allegation.

“I am happy to state clearly that I do not have any evidence to support such an allegation.”
Fantastic News! This SNPeee tosser is a national disgrace and its great to see him brought down a peg or two - the saddest thing is that its taken him 2-3 weeks to finally acknowledge he was completely in the wrong and in fact had zero proof to say what he said. Any decent human being would have bitten the bullet as soon as he was challenged and when he was offered the opportunity to apologise before legal action was taken but sadly Smith is a hate filled EU Fanatic bell end with delusions of grandour and a self annoited legend. Sadly, I suspect this apology wont get much coverage in the MSM.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Fantastic News! This SNPeee tosser is a national disgrace and its great to see him brought down a peg or two - the saddest thing is that its taken him 2-3 weeks to finally acknowledge he was completely in the wrong and in fact had zero proof to say what he said. Any decent human being would have bitten the bullet as soon as he was challenged and when he was offered the opportunity to apologise before legal action was taken but sadly Smith is a hate filled EU Fanatic bell end with delusions of grandour and a self annoited legend. Sadly, I suspect this apology wont get much coverage in the MSM.
To be fair to him, there were multiple allegations around the funding of the Brexit Party.

The apology only refers to the Chair of the Brexit Party, not the Party itself.

Unlike other Political Parties, one does not become a member of the Brexit Party, you are a registered supporter.
Register as a Supporter - The Brexit Party

There has been multiple criticism of this.

To be fair to him, there were multiple allegations around the funding of the Brexit Party.

Unlike other Political Parties, one does not become a member of the Brexit Party, you are a registered supporter.

You totally miss the point, the MEP made these allegations without a shred of evidence which is quite disgraceful. It is a shame this did not get to court as the prominent cult member should have been sued for every penny he has.

Dredd

LE
Groveling apology time from SNP MEP Alyn Smith.

SNP MEP 'issues full apology' to Brexit Party Chairman - Westmonster

Smith’s apology companies after comments made during a Sky News interview. The SNP MEP has now said: “In that interview I stated in the context of political donations that the Brexit Party is ‘a shell company that’s a money laundering front’.

“Its Chairman, Richard Tice, is concerned by implication this allegation related to him, although that was not my intention.

“Having reflected upon this following a complaint from Mr. Tice, I apologise unreservedly to him and withdraw my allegation.

“I am happy to state clearly that I do not have any evidence to support such an allegation.”
It would be interesting to see if Tice would want to progress this to the courts on the basis of slander, or be the better person and just accept the apology and move on thereby showing up SNP MPs to be what we north of the border already know them to be - petty, vindictive and nasty.

For most of us, we should always be aware of slander and libel laws so we do not transgress, but the MPs have to be especially careful since the Chamber allows them to say anything they like without repercussions (except perhaps at the ballot box) but as soon as they step outside they are held to the same laws as the rest of us.

While he has at l(e)ast had the decency to make a public apology, the lesson here should be not to make that sort of unsubstantiated and defamatory statement in the first place. However, they have persistent form in this respect so we should perhaps not hold our collective breath that any change in behaviours will follow from this and that they will soon revert to type albeit in a different debate or context.

Dredd

LE
I think I've watched more of Alba than the Scotland channel.
Unless you have watched a bit of BBC 2, where you will have unknowingly watched a bit of the "new" channel already! Much of it is just a mirror of what is already available on their scheduled output.

I think the (wider) Conservative party membership, if offered the choice Brexit or the Union, would choose Brexit every day. Once Brexit has been secured, as long as deals are made worldwide, I think they would still be very much of a Unionist nature.

I think that the opportunity to take back control of our own decisions, whether they still mirror that of Europe, USA etc matters not, it would be us making the choices instead of having them foisted on us by someone else.

nothing fair about it! - the BP finances had received a clean bill of health from the EC the week before Broon (one of the architects of Brexit!) popped up and magically 1 hr after his public speech filled with allegations the EC 'raided' the BP to investigate those false allegations - again the EC were forced to admit (very very quietly) that the BP funding was ok and still this idiot Smith banded around fake/false/unfounded allegations of impropriety on a national news broadcast - as usual this was all designed and organised in a blatant attempt by the mainstream parties, media and chattering twitterarti to explain away the fact that the BP won big (incl. coming second in Scotland) and the Tories/Labour losing badly - its all a fix! it was the russians! it was overspending! (by the way, thats since been completely debunked as Sky news had to admit in one of there post election broadcasts that the BP actually spent very little in comparison to the others and in particular Change UK which magically spent 100s of thousands of pounds in Facebook and Twitter advertising in the 4 wks before the election) Change UK revealed as biggest spender on Facebook adverts ahead of EU elections - maybe the EC should check on who was funding Change UK!
1560859257692.png

1560859294807.png

I think the (wider) Conservative party membership, if offered the choice Brexit or the Union, would choose Brexit every day. Once Brexit has been secured, as long as deals are made worldwide, I think they would still be very much of a Unionist nature.

I think that the opportunity to take back control of our own decisions, whether they still mirror that of Europe, USA etc matters not, it would be us making the choices instead of having them foisted on us by someone else.
Hmmmm? Watch this.

Hmmmm? Watch this.

Whats more interesting is watching Katie Hopkins rip this gobshite Femi tosser a new ******** in an interview (you can see it on youtube) - she asked him where his funding was coming from and who was paying for his cover organisations move into very expensive swanky riverside offices in London he tried to bullshit, got extremely tongue tied then his 'minder' broke into the interview to drag him away for a moment - he never returned to the interview and clearly they had something to hide. Sadly, the mainstream media are not interested in looking at Remain funding.

Re your first paragraph, that may be true, however, it is very unusual in politics to be able to pick and choose which parts of intertwined issues you want to deal with serially.

Re your first paragraph, that may be true, however, it is very unusual in politics to be able to pick and choose which parts of intertwined issues you want to deal with serially.
its actually quite easy - just do whats best for your country and screw everyone else

its actually quite easy - just do whats best for your country and screw everyone else
You can try and make it easy, like Nigel Farage and his cult, by refusing to discuss anything other than the one topic, but what's less easy to deal with is the fallout from its effect on other issues.

You can try and make it easy, like Nigel Farage and his cult, by refusing to discuss anything other than the one topic, but what's less easy to deal with is the fallout from its effect on other issues.

Haha and they are different from the SNP how? Ask difficult questions and they revert back to

snp1.JPG

Latest Threads