Scottish Politics Thread

During the summer of 2014, someone, in what must have been a military stylee operation, visited my house in the dead of night and plastered those little yes stickers all over the door for my gas meter box. Funny thing was that earlier that week I got caught up in a bit of robust debate with an utterly mental 'not all there' woman who lives round the corner from me. A woman who cuts about wearing a huge snp rosette during election campaigns, whose house is adorned with garish indy tat (even a flagpole in the garden) and whose husband drives a car, a tiny little Perodua Kalisa, with an snp reg plate.

Surely this couple, well into their sixties, wouldn't be sad enough to sneak about on a Friday night to do something so petty. Surely....?
If they're rabid SNP supporters then yes, they most probably are.

Any different to rabid unionists or frothing at the gills greens
At least the Lib Dem’s have a no nuts policy for Ms Swinson.......
Havent seen many unionists taking part in mundane "Keep the Union" marches, or standing on bridges waving flags, or going around plastering no stickers on everything.

Havent seen many unionists taking part in mundane "Keep the Union" marches, or standing on bridges waving flags, or going around plastering no stickers on everything.
I did hear some rather loud hurrumphing and some vigarous ruffling of the Telegraph at my club last night!

Any different to rabid unionists or frothing at the gills greens
At least the Lib Dem’s have a no nuts policy for Ms Swinson.......
Not seen or experienced any nut jobs from any other party TBH.

SNP no longer come to my door
Never in 13 yrs had a Green at my door.
SCUP no longer come to my door and .for a good number of years.
Lib Dems always come to my door and when told I do not wish to speak with them always walk away with a sad, resigned look on their faces and hunched shoulders.
Labour occasionally come to my door and go away shocked when I explain why I would never vote for them again.

Used to have a rabid SNP family living on our estate, always sticking leaflets through our doors and several SNP posters in his front window. Every election he's still with his mates outside the local voting platz and they're always the only ones there. We used to have SNP stickers all over our area as there's loads of signposts but then again, we are quite close to an SNP hotspot, Dundee.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not seen or experienced any nut jobs from any other party TBH.

SNP no longer come to my door
Never in 13 yrs had a Green at my door.
SCUP no longer come to my door and .for a good number of years.
Lib Dems always come to my door and when told I do not wish to speak with them always walk away with a sad, resigned look on their faces and hunched shoulders.
Labour occasionally come to my door and go away shocked when I explain why I would never vote for them again.

Used to have a rabid SNP family living on our estate, always sticking leaflets through our doors and several SNP posters in his front window. Every election he's still with his mates outside the local voting platz and they're always the only ones there. We used to have SNP stickers all over our area as there's loads of signposts but then again, we are quite close to an SNP hotspot, Dundee.
In the ten years we've been in this house never had any political party come to the door.

In fact, the only uninvited folk who come to our door are JWs and even then they don't actually bother with the door, the old dear just likes our dogs and comes to say hello to them through the side fence.

The joys of living in the country side.

doc80905

War Hero
In fact, the only uninvited folk who come to our door are JWs
We get them round here, but as they stand out a mile away someone usually puts out a facearrse post or some such with a warning not to answer the door. I was once caught unawares by them, and stupidly engaged in a doorstep debate, believe it or not about defence spending of all things. Then I saw his foot raising up, trying to cross the threshold and I managed a "not today" and slammed the door before they could get in. Close call, that one.

NSP

LE
We get them round here, but as they stand out a mile away someone usually puts out a facearrse post or some such with a warning not to answer the door. I was once caught unawares by them, and stupidly engaged in a doorstep debate, believe it or not about defence spending of all things. Then I saw his foot raising up, trying to cross the threshold and I managed a "not today" and slammed the door before they could get in. Close call, that one.
I saw them coming up the driveway when I was a student. As they disappeared from view as they neared the door I shouted through to my housemates, "Don't answer the door when the bell rings - it's those bloody witness pricks."

I think they heard me as the bell did not ring and they quickly came back into view of the window, making a fast clip back down the drive.

In the ten years we've been in this house never had any political party come to the door.

In fact, the only uninvited folk who come to our door are JWs and even then they don't actually bother with the door, the old dear just likes our dogs and comes to say hello to them through the side fence.

The joys of living in the country side.
Is fintry classed
As the countryside

They were very nearly successful in "their every road sign should have such a sticker" campaign

It keeps them occupied, although sometimes they are playing a wee bit too close to the traffic for their carers comfort.
Little known Fact is that Professional fly posting companies were hired to adorn various pieces of street furniture in the central Belt in 2014. This led to them being involved in several confrontations with council employee,s instructed to remove said stickers ( both yes and No Stickers were to be removed)
Police attended several such incidents but they were never recorded as crimes strangely enough ( to my Knowledge)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Must admit i once turned it on just to have a look, it lasted 10 seconds and never been back since.
This quote dsays it all!

Former BBC editor Tim Luckhurst, who is now a professor in journalism, said: "These figures are deplorable. But they simply confirm the central flaw in the entire project - there was never a shred of audience demand for it.

"It was launched as a forlorn attempt to please the SNP, a classic example of why the BBC should never bow to political bullying."

philc

LE
Groveling apology time from SNP MEP Alyn Smith.

SNP MEP 'issues full apology' to Brexit Party Chairman - Westmonster

Smith’s apology companies after comments made during a Sky News interview. The SNP MEP has now said: “In that interview I stated in the context of political donations that the Brexit Party is ‘a shell company that’s a money laundering front’.

“Its Chairman, Richard Tice, is concerned by implication this allegation related to him, although that was not my intention.

“Having reflected upon this following a complaint from Mr. Tice, I apologise unreservedly to him and withdraw my allegation.

“I am happy to state clearly that I do not have any evidence to support such an allegation.”

Latest Threads