Scottish Politics Thread

We've just had a QC's Inquiry into bullying.
We have a huge bullying problem.

Unintended consequence of the problem is that there's a staff member whose performance has deteriorated recently from the previous poor to now quite frankly abysmal.
I mentioned it to their line manager and was told that it's now very difficult to raise any sort of performance related issues with staff as they immediately cry victimisation and bullying!
If the member of staff is having performance issues, surely the line manager can offer assistance to alleviate the cause of abysmal performance at work….. by offering a solution or help it saves face but more importantly it may make the worker better…..unless of course they are prone to long weekends ala monday club.

Fisheries = SG - on behalf of UK gov
Environment = SG - on behalf of the UK gov
SAR = UKG - on behalf of the UK gov
Borders = UKG only because UK gov hasn't delegated/devolved it to SG
Defence = UKG again, only because it's not a delegated/devolved matter
You're finding this hard to understand aren't you? It's almost as if you think Scotland is not a part of a United Kingdom.

You're finding this hard to understand aren't you? It's almost as if you think Scotland is not a part of a United Kingdom.
Scotland is not part of the UK in some legal senses - Scottish law is not subordinate to law made in Westminster because Scotland is a separate legal entity in its own right. The Lockerbie trial is a good example of this.

In terms of the examples that I have given, I have highlighted where the responsibility lies in both political and legal terms. If you don't like it, then that is not my problem.

Ruth backs Sajid for Tory Leader.

Ruth Davidson backs Javid for Tory leader

I suppose it's pretty much the Anybody but Boris campaign!
So potentially the Diversity embracing - quota using Labour party has produced nought but white Male PMs whereas the evil misogynistic racist Tories who refuse to quota MPs have given us 2 Female PMs and an ethnic minority is in the running.

I wonder if he wins he will be subsequently omitted from books on ethnic minorities In Parliament - After all someone* wrote a book on women in Parliament and completely failed to name Maggie (did refer to a female PM but no name)

*HH

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If the member of staff is having performance issues, surely the line manager can offer assistance to alleviate the cause of abysmal performance at work….. by offering a solution or help it saves face but more importantly it may make the worker better…..unless of course they are prone to long weekends ala monday club.
The line mamager has offered solutions in the past, but these days it's just a case of damage limitation!

it appears that one way to limit damage at the line manager's base clinic is to send said individual to work with me in the remote clinics!

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
One wonders why Joanna Cherry is having a hard time regarding claims of bullying but is not receiving help from HQ SNP, indeed it seems that the SNP Politburo seem to be supporting the alleged bullied person(s).

I wonder why that would be?
Leak: SNP MP Joanna Cherry says she is seen as a potential 'leadership' figure

Similar to what happened when another SNP worthy casually mentioned a comeback, Mr A Salmond.

Wee Nic is not for moving!

Mufulira

Old-Salt
Not sure where youre going with this -

Nope lost me as to relevance to the discussion and what the hell is a ten pound tom

Yes it did and has seen people migrate from the north to the South East / leave the north with high unemployment areas. Again you seem to have seen a Scotland centric Focus - the target for criticism was a London centric UK Gov not Scottish Parliament at all - They may (or may not) be failing now but the SNP isn't responsible for 250 years of Scotlands people heading abroad and / or down south. The situation is the result of long past policies

A few offices not really investment
People I feel if they move usually go where work is rather than where they want to be. - People head to the South east for work and money - I remain unconvinced the climates that much nicer than Scotland.

I deliberately used redistribution not relocation to avoid the idea of moving people. Its about attracting people not displacing them.

Create jobs in Scotland and North of England and they will be more desirable to live in

Federal UK - Move UK Gov to York - Geographically its more central - that would instantly pull a lot of investment North (OK its England not Scotland but its a start)
10 pound Poms refers to post WWII boat fare to 'Strayla for emigrant Pommies

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Carers guilty of murdering missing teenager

The sad story is almost over, it says a lot about the whole care system. That one vulnerable person can go unseen for so long is not good.
It's too easy to fall off recall lists, everyone expects others to do the monitoring.

I know GIRFEC got a lot of folks backs up but child protection is streets ahead of the protection of vulnerable adults.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The zoomers who adorn street furniture with Indy pish will not contribute in a positive way, to an independent Scotland.
They were very nearly successful in "their every road sign should have such a sticker" campaign

It keeps them occupied, although sometimes they are playing a wee bit too close to the traffic for their carers comfort.

doc80905

War Hero
The zoomers who adorn street furniture with Indy pish will not contribute in a positive way, to an independent Scotland.
During the summer of 2014, someone, in what must have been a military stylee operation, visited my house in the dead of night and plastered those little yes stickers all over the door for my gas meter box. Funny thing was that earlier that week I got caught up in a bit of robust debate with an utterly mental 'not all there' woman who lives round the corner from me. A woman who cuts about wearing a huge snp rosette during election campaigns, whose house is adorned with garish indy tat (even a flagpole in the garden) and whose husband drives a car, a tiny little Perodua Kalisa, with an snp reg plate.

Surely this couple, well into their sixties, wouldn't be sad enough to sneak about on a Friday night to do something so petty. Surely....?

Latest Threads