Scottish Politics Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
it would have read "any other places in Fife" had I meant ,or intimated anything like that ... Dundee , like many of the older coal towns in Fife are/were very communist ....
Still makes it sound like it is in Fife rather than Angus, still at least that lets Fife off the hook!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fife is a beautiful county, it just needs a population transplant. Dundee was, is and always will be a grey and dour city.
Fife from a line Kirkcaldy-Glenrothes eastwards is lovely: not so much westwards!

And where you live and lived is better? Far from it and you'd know it if you took your rose tinted specs off for a minute. The Glenrothes area is far worse than most of the areas in Dundee.
Ahhhh Glenrothes, town of roundabouts...... utter shitehole filled with a combination of idiots, mutants and at one time (and still probably now) the family from hell... they may have been relocated there. In short not the sort of place to adorn any ‘Visit Scotland’ literature.

Dundee is a shitehole but the current facelift is making the place look more pleasant albeit the abortion they have created at Discovery Quay and the on ramp for the bridge is something to behold at rush hour.

That said I like to keep my time in Dundee at a bare minimum and it is seldom for anything other than business - and a trip to Grossets for a peehh.

Ahhhh Glenrothes, town of roundabouts...... utter shitehole filled with a combination of idiots, mutants and at one time (and still probably now) the family from hell... they may have been relocated there. In short not the sort of place to adorn any ‘Visit Scotland’ literature.

Dundee is a shitehole but the current facelift is making the place look more pleasant albeit the abortion they have created at Discovery Quay and the on ramp for the bridge is something to behold at rush hour.

That said I like to keep my time in Dundee at a bare minimum and it is seldom for anything other than business - and a trip to Grossets for a peehh.
Aha!!!! The famous Graham clan
Moved up to Aberdeenshire just after we moved here in 1993 after being all over the news about their eviction
The mother , Anne, complained in court that they couldn't get a fair hearing , so the judge issue a reporting ban , and as she left court ,she was seen on TV giving a full blown interview to someone from STV on the way home... the ban was instantly lifted... when they tried to evict them he managed to upend a car against the front door
Strangely, Alexander road is now not such a bad street to live on, well no worse than any other street in the shithole
... Gordon (Father) must have upset some of the locals , as he was killed when someone lit a fire up his close
And one of the ******** sons (the "badest" one) James got stoned out in his car one night , and walked over a cliff
Mother I think is very ill with cancer, may already be dead ...who know? who actually cares?

town is still a shithole

No , your right it was Fraserburgh
It was Anne Graham , worked beside a bloke who s wife was a close (ish )relative
The only real difference between the Broch’ and Glenrothes is one is next to the sea, other than that they are both depressing shiteholes although the Broch’ probably beats Glenrothes in the amount of junkies per head of population. Two places that no one would really miss if they disappeared without trace.

Anyone received any pamphlets for the European Parliamentary Elections yet? I've received 4 - from the Greens, SNP, Scottish Tories and UKIP. Maybe the others have given up only 1 week away.

The Tory one is a little strange as it is simply an attack on the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon in particular, with barely a mention of Brexit or Europe. I guess it's not that surprising as they'll not want to dwell on the cluster that they've made of Brexit and want to turn attention to anything else they can think of.

I'm a bit surprised that UKIP and the Greens have bothered wasting money leafleting here, neither of them made the effort to have candidate in the last UK GE. On the other hand, it's a Tory seat at Westminster, and so far no Brexit pamphlet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lacrabat Army Pay, Claims & JPA 18
J Juniors 14
johnboyzzz ARRSE: Site Issues 23