Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You don't half talk some sh1te when you get up on that soapbox.
Not at all, you stated that in one area (tax) soldiers should be treated to English system, I merely asked if that should apply in all 4 countries to all aspects of life?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You have to laugh at Coco Blackford on the allegations of bullying

MP bullying allegations 'not party matter'

"One of the things I do want to see is if people do bring forward allegations that they are treated with respect and indeed that MPs are treated with respect as well.

"We have a duty as a party to make sure that we care for all our staff and we care for all our MPs."

This from the clown, and his cohorts, that were all over the late Charles Kennedy and his staff with their bullying.

Saw a wee debate elsewhere that a couple of friends are involved in about youths and education in Dundee, or YES city as it is commonly known, here is an extract from a local

Over the past few years they closed 10 schools and built 6 new ones ,double up on pupils. A few months after they opened they had to get portacabin classrooms due to miscalculating the numbers - don't i remember the SNP pledge on education no more that 18 kids to a class, currently running 30+ in YES city.

Now the great education being provided , over 50 teachers short in YES city.

As revealed in last weeks evening paper from a FOI request the number of kids now passing their SATS exams in YES city is at the lowest level in the cities history.

Now back to the youth, gangs of rampant feral kids running amok in all areas, buildings set on fire, vehicles being damaged, buses and taxis not entering certain streets after 1800 hrs, police on the buses in certain areas and no this is not Mogadishu, this is the SNPs proud YES city.

Saw a wee debate .......
Born and bred on a council scheme in that shithole. Escaped in 1985 when I joined up, rest of the family escaped to Edinburgh a few years later. I shudder when I think what my life could have been like if I never got out of there. Crap hole then, still a crap hole now.

Saw a wee debate elsewhere that a couple of friends are involved in about youths and education in Dundee, or YES city as it is commonly known, here is an extract from a local

Over the past few years they closed 10 schools and built 6 new ones ,double up on pupils. A few months after they opened they had to get portacabin classrooms due to miscalculating the numbers - don't i remember the SNP pledge on education no more that 18 kids to a class, currently running 30+ in YES city.

As revealed in last weeks evening paper from a FOI request the number of kids now passing their SATS exams in YES city is at the lowest level in the cities history.

Now back to the youth, gangs of rampant feral kids running amok in all areas, buildings set on fire, vehicles being damaged, buses and taxis not entering certain streets after 1800 hrs, police on the buses in certain areas and no this is not Mogadishu, this is the SNPs proud YES city.
Not around here it's not, and I've never heard Dundee called YES City either.

Born and bred on a council scheme in that shithole. Escaped in 1985 when I joined up, rest of the family escaped to Edinburgh a few years later. I shudder when I think what my life could have been like if I never got out of there. Crap hole then, still a crap hole now.
All City's have areas you wouldn't want to associate yourself with but, tbh, Dundee is actually OK in the main*.

I much prefer living in the area of Dundee (or Dumbdee or Scumdee as some call it :) ) than Burnley or Hull and I lived in both for many years.

*There are areas that do the City down, but all city's have similar, especially Edinburgh FFS, not called the drug capital of Scotland for no reason and Glasgow of No mean city fame.

To be fair to them Hull is going through a similar problem with taxis and busses refusing to go into an area after 6 due to a very small number of kids being prates.

If the SNP do badly in the EU elections will that put an end to indy2. For the last 3 years they have been telling the world that the majority of Scots voted to stay in the EU and if the Brexit party do better than the Greens and the SNP combined will they take the hint or just ignore it.

If the SNP do badly in the EU elections will that put an end to indy2. For the last 3 years they have been telling the world that the majority of Scots voted to stay in the EU and if the Brexit party do better than the Greens and the SNP combined will they take the hint or just ignore it.
They've ignored everything else since 2014. What do you reckon?

It will be wasteminsters fault and plough on regardless.

Like the Atlantic Conveyor, Fire at Donington and the first Gulf war that argument is wearing a bit thin particularly as the SNP have been saying that May has got it all wrong and there is no appetite for Brexit in Scotland. I detest Farage with a passion. He is the type of guy who starts a fight in a pub then sneaks out the back saying nothing to do with me. But I do hope he gets lots of votes and that's from someone who voted to stay in the EU.

I have been resolved to spoil my paper on the 23rd as I felt it was a waste of time to vote in a group of troughers who very soon would be obsolete anyway, but then I heard a discussion on the wireless news this morning that noted if the Brexiteers sent a reasonable quota over to the Continent then they may be involved in setting the tone of the EU Parliament for the next 5 years - very much your start-a-fight-then-slope-off scenario referenced above.

And I might just change my voting intention in light of that, just for amusement purposes. Them's the rules, after all. And if it causes more than one group to start frothing because reality intrudes on their cherished fantasies then all the better. Two for one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lacrabat Army Pay, Claims & JPA 18
J Juniors 14
johnboyzzz ARRSE: Site Issues 23