Scottish Politics Thread

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
ScotRail sorry for 'unacceptable service'
With the push to get cars off the road people using more trains and buses, can Scotgov make the trains run on time.

HES staff 'can get redundancy money'
would be interesting if sepa pursued a criminal case.
With the recent widespread state of ScotRail’s service being spread all over social media I’m actually quite glad I no longer have to use the train to commute. Even though the traffic on the M8 can be quite trying at least I’m certain that when I start out in the morning I’ll be able to get home in a reasonable time frame. Not end up on a never ending trek on alternative means of transportation trying desperately to get home.

Joe_Private

On ROPS
On ROPs
A innocent man trying to clear his name….
Extra hearing for Salmond legal case

If he is innocent the SNP will have to create a statue to him somewhere prominent
If he is guilty, the drink will be to blame not his nature no sireee
From that article:
"A four-day hearing had been due to start on 15 January, but the Court of Session will now also sit on Tuesday.
A separate police investigation into the allegations is ongoing.
The judicial review focuses entirely on the fairness of the government's procedures, and will not have any bearing on the police inquiry
."

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A innocent man trying to clear his name….
Extra hearing for Salmond legal case

If he is innocent the SNP will have to create a statue to him somewhere prominent
If he is guilty, the drink will be to blame not his nature no sireee
Salmond sexual harassment probe 'unlawful'

He has won his case against Scottish Government.
"The government has now admitted it breached its own guidelines by appointing an investigating officer who had "prior involvement" in the case."

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's almost as if ScotGov wanted the case to fall apart by breaking their own guidance.....
It has absolutely no bearing on the Police investigations into the harassments.

It has absolutely no bearing on the Police investigations into the harassments.
I Never said it did. Just making the point about ScotGov as opposed to Police Scotland (or whatever name they go by now).

"The government has now admitted it breached its own guidelines by appointing an investigating officer who had "prior involvement" in the case."

And he thanked the 4,000 people who contributed more than £100,000 to a crowdfunding appeal to help pay for his legal challenge to the government's handling of the case.
With the government agreeing to pay his legal costs, he said the money will go to good causes in Scotland and elsewhere.
Elsewhere?

Dredd

LE

So stage one of Operation Ahmnaya Sexpest has been successful - "by casting aspersions on the process, I can confidently dismiss the outcome if it finds that I am indeed a serial groper and luster of young female flesh."

BZ. Exactly what I expected the weasel to do. Unfortunately for him, the ScotGov are waiting for the bobbies to complete their own investigations before they try again - as he may yet see charges laid leading to a prosecution that will be far more damaging to his reputation than what is ostensibly an employment issue.

There is still plenty of mileage to go in this one.

Burgeon.jpg

Last edited:
In a world where sexual harresment is no longer tolerated, letter of the law has to be clearly shown ensuring today’s outcome does not occur again.
On a seperare note, Eck too Nicola has a ring to it if the bard was alive today

He's only won against the Scottish Govt procedure/process but not the actual allegations which are still being investigated by the Police and is a seperate matter.
As an aside, a friend of my mother who had a female family member who worked with Mr Salmond when he was First Minister told her that it was a well known thing that females always ensured they were never left alone with him - fully appreciate thats only hearsay but my mother is adamant about what she was told by that friend - we'll just have to wait and see if the police do ptresent a case against him.

He's only won against the Scottish Govt procedure/process but not the actual allegations which are still being investigated by the Police and is a seperate matter.
As an aside, a friend of my mother who had a female family member who worked with Mr Salmond when he was First Minister told her that it was a well known thing that females always ensured they were never left alone with him - fully appreciate thats only hearsay but my mother is adamant about what she was told by that friend - we'll just have to wait and see if the police do ptresent a case against him.
If Police Scotland were sly operation honey trap would bear fruition

It would seem mr Salmond has issues with females In authority, specifically permanent secretary Leslie Evans
With FDA civil service union general secretary Dave Penman “What has been disappointing is the way Alex Salmond has continually targeted Leslie Evans from day one on this case”.

If it was a man challenging Mr Salmond he would be in A&E with a pie rammed up his jacksie
A female is off limits to Mr Salmond, so he is verbally attacking.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
More HES fall out woes, due to a few porters allegedly getting injured the GMB union are suggesting that they boycott picking up waste in Highland.
Porters 'continuing to handle waste'

Not sure exactly where this story has come from. Porters always used to transport waste around the hospital, it only became HES responsibility once outside. And if it was so unsafe, ie sharp injuries how come no HES staff reported receiving them although NHSH porters seemed to have picked up 4 in a month!

Latest Threads