Scottish Politics Thread

Start by asking Abellio (the Dutch owners of Scotrail) what became of the hand out of £307m they had this year? Hopefully it wasn't funelled to Holland for the benefit of rail passengers there,as happened in 2016.
Customer satisfaction | ScotRail
https://www.transport.gov.scot/media/42616/squire-q1-2018-2019-percentage-performance-figures.pdf
https://www.transport.gov.scot/media/43315/squire-2018-19-q2-percentage-performance-figures.pdf

Remedial Plan notice issued to ScotRail

The problem seems to be the south east section of the network.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is that the same SNP that has given ScotRail a further 12 months to sort themselves (without penalties) despite ScotRail failing to meet existing targets?
Eight weeks is the current room for improvement deadline. It is feasible with new training complete and staff levels at normal post holiday leave

On a positive note
Thousands raised for laid-off workers

A local bowing club donated four grand ahead of the crowd funding ensuring folk weren’t left in the shoite today.
It’s the thought that counts, Scotgov has money to spare so a precedent could be initiated

Eight weeks is the current room for improvement deadline. It is feasible with new training complete and staff levels at normal post holiday leave

On a positive note

A local bowing club donated four grand ahead of the crowd funding ensuring folk weren’t left in the shoite today.
It’s the thought that counts, Scotgov has money to spare so a precedent could be initiated
It was revealed last month that transport secretary Michael Matheson has allowed ScotRail performance targets to be waived until June 2019, in a bid to allow an interval for the franchise to recover. However, he was criticised for not informing Parliament, and the TSSA union called for his resignation.
November 2018.
ScotRail franchise faces early termination | Railnews | Today's news for Tomorrow's railway

On a positive note

Good effort all round for those that lost their jobs, including a friend of mine. They have also been informed that a couple of companies are taking people on in the New Year and to get their CV's on ASAP

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Update to that one the company has folded today -

Jobs lost as waste firm which stockpiled body parts closes

I think that is the only incinerator in Scotland so obviously implications for the NHS there. A shame for the staff, it's a big local employer in my town.
They lost the NHS contract a few weeks ago.

Still working out the contingency plans but seems to involve the use of containers at various sites.

Lots of emails stating pick up will be tomorrow and then us replying no pick up took place!

Even in our board we have over 200 sites over 12,500 square miles.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
where there's blame there's a claim

queues of Glaswegian rats claiming their ancestors were persecuted ..... telesales rats phoning them at all times of the day and night offering to make the claim on their behalf
Contact Digby Brown-rat for details

I'll get my coat

doc80905

War Hero
Bit of a nightmare situation for the former workers, been told to apply to the redundancy payment service, but need a reference number from an insolvency practitioner. Unfortunately there's no practitioner willing to take the job on as they'd be responsible for the waste. Another one for the tax payer to pick up!

Unpaid HES staff 'turning to food banks'

As an aside the staff were given loads of extra overtime during November and December to try to clear the build up, which hasn't been paid, I find it very hard to believe Garry Pettigrew the MD didn't know what was about to happen.

Latest Threads