• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Scottish Politics Thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I do sympathise but the cost of running them must be great.

We did a cruise in May round the Med and every time the wife wanted to go I had to go and get a beer. It's funny how she would complain about the cost of spending a penny but going into a bar and getting a beer so she could go for a pee was acceptable. I know there is logic there but have yet been unable to see it particularly when she came out and said the bar toilet were not clean.
The issue being in that many of these areas there are no bars to pop into!

The irony is that there is a great push to sell the NC500 as a big tourist route and I can assure you there are plenty of tourists doing it ( 2 have died on motorbikes in the last week alone!), so at the same time as they are increasing visitor numbers they are cutting back on amenities.

The issue being in that many of these areas there are no bars to pop into!

The irony is that there is a great push to sell the NC500 as a big tourist route and I can assure you there are plenty of tourists doing it ( 2 have died on motorbikes in the last week alone!), so at the same time as they are increasing visitor numbers they are cutting back on amenities.
Skid row?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Soldiers compensated for tax rises

So if 70% of the military are paying more tax than South and to be compensated, does that then follow that 30% are paying less and will have to make up the difference?

"However, a private based in Scotland would pay about £20 a year less in income tax."

Now I am a bit confused, ( those who know me already know it is a fairly regular thing, me being confused , age and all that) Scottish government is at the supreme court defending Scotlands Brexit bill and the UK government wanting it struck down as being unconstitutional

Now this bit I understand, but earlier today I heard someone on the news saying that the Scottish Brexit bill doesn't comply with EU rules regarding Brexit

So the Scottish want to enact their own Brexit bill (because they want to stay in the EU) but don't want to comply with EU rules, the EU they wish to remain part of??????
UK government, who want to leave EU , but don't want the process of leaving, interfered with , as it would cause problems ( so they are complying with the EU)

The Scottish lot want to stay in the EU but wont accept its rules, and the UK lot are accepting the EU rules The EU they want to leave

confused ????? well a bit silly.png

Ian Blackford, SNP Westminster leader goes off half cocked at fake social media post. The muppet believed it!

SNP figures caught out by fake Brexit Secretary tweet

He wasn’t the only one, there are angry comments from those who didn’t read past the headline or opening paragraph.

And the fallacious, ‘but but but it’s how Raab thinks so I can’t be blamed for believing it’.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Blackford is not the most popular of a bunch of particularly unpopular SNP MPs.

I see our favourite Reverend is now locked in a dispute with both YouTube and the BBC, after the BBC complained about copyright infringement and had his YouTube channel closed. Of course it has riled up some of the permanently outraged in the Yes movement, which can be seen in both the comments and on other sites.

The sounds of the silenced

Are the SNP baking the hunger strikers in Glasgow.

Are the SNP baking the hunger strikers in Glasgow.
Of course, any stick to beat Westminster and maintain their “progressive” image. They could hardly agree with a Tory Government if they wish to retain their support, the narrative demands opposition to everything coming from Westminster.