Scottish Politics Thread

Having seen the SNP view of Trump and the protestors in Scotland bedecked in there national colours of Tartan and Rainbow LGBT. Its amazing that party has managed to take over Scotland, who I thought was one of the more sane parts of the country.

Every time I see Sturgeon she seems to be morphing into a Merkel clone.
nah just morph!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nothing like a wee trip during marching season to the central belt, western half of the m8 to remind oneself of how sectarian Scotland still is.
So many Union Jacks and Ulster flags.

And who serves pies at a barbecue? And not just one sort either, there were steak, scotch or chicken curry.

Nothing like a wee trip during marching season to the central belt, western half of the m8 to remind oneself of how sectarian Scotland still is.

And who serves pies at a barbecue? And not just one sort either, there were steak, scotch or chicken curry.
All of that Orange will make the Trumpster feel at home. Pies, were they in rolls though?

Did you remember your bowler hat though…..

Was all new to me but about this time last year was at a meeting with hovises
At their bakery in Glasgow at dennistoun.as I was leaving I heard the pipe and drum band marching around the area, I’m not religious and certainly not a left footer but it came over as a rather sinister excercise in pissing in the corners to keep the other mob in their place .it gave me a little insight as to why norn iron is such a f#cked up little s#ithole of a place as it is.

Was all new to me but about this time last year was at a meeting with hovises
At their bakery in Glasgow at dennistoun.as I was leaving I heard the pipe and drum band marching around the area, I’m not religious and certainly not a left footer but it came over as a rather sinister excercise in pissing in the corners to keep the other mob in their place .it gave me a little insight as to why norn iron is such a f#cked up little s#ithole of a place as it is.
Couple of articles in yesterdays Herald + magazine too worth reading for those seeking insight

Snigger

The Alex Salmond Show on Kremlin-backed TV channel RT breached broadcasting rules, media watchdog Ofcom has ruled.

The regulator investigated "audience tweets" used in the former Scottish first minister's show on the Russian broadcaster, which aired last year.

Salmond TV show tweets 'misleading'
It became evident to Ofcom that something was wrong with the tweets when they discovered that the programme had 4 tweets from people but only had 3 people on the viewing figures.

In an unrelated story the Education Minister has been asked to comment on the poor standard of maths in Scotland.

Nothing on the space port?!!!

Scottish government give 2.5m (doesn't seem much in the great scheme of thing) to kick start it. I know we have commented on this some time ago and I think Preswick was mentioned as a possible site. Have the greens commented on the pollution it will bring to the area.

The top button of those pants could probably do with a bit of support as well, i think its actually a good effort he didn't split his pants in the final shot.
When he lost his Westminster seat, he bragged ‘ you’ve no seen the last of my bonnets and me’. Judging by his ‘man spreading’, he may have meant ‘bollocks’.

Scottish government give 2.5m (doesn't seem much in the great scheme of thing) to kick start it. I know we have commented on this some time ago and I think Preswick was mentioned as a possible site. Have the greens commented on the pollution it will bring to the area.
A small price to pay to escape from Scotland surely?

It seems to have escaped from the BBC now too. I heard it this morning at 7 and nothing since.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

It seems to have escaped from the BBC now too. I heard it this morning at 7 and nothing since.
UK spaceport proposed for Sutherland site this was on this morning so obviously not looking hard enough.

It's not even in the middle of nowhere, that would ne being generous. It's on my patch where I work and even from the delights of civilised Dornoch, it takes nearly 2 hours to get there, if you go straight up the country about 2 and half from Inverness but both those take you up single track roads.

The nearest port id Scrabster, a mere hour and half, again single track roads.

Your nearest airport would be Wick, (large enough to fly USAF aircraft into to pick nuclear material from Dounraey!) is just under the 2 hours, again single track roads on route.

It does have Loch Eriboll on one side, a deep water anchorage used by Royal Navy in WW2 and still in use today as part of the Defence Training Estate. But everything that comes ashore there comes by landing craft! It des have some nice reminders of the various ships' visits in the form of ships names outlines in stones in the fields above (I say fields more rough ground really. The matelots nicknamed it Loch 'Orrible!

Was up in NW Sutherland today and couldn't find a single person who didn't think it was perhaps the most stupid place to put a serious piece of infrastructure which will require access by high tech equipment on a regular basis.

Don't knock it FF, South West Scotland at this time of year offers some unique cultural insights. There is no other place in the world where you can see an entire flute band, every musician in a state of advanced refreshment, being arrested for drunk and disorderly, drunk and incapable and the odd indecent exposure then thrown in the back of paddy wagons.

Don't knock it FF, South West Scotland at this time of year offers some unique cultural insights. There is no other place in the world where you can see an entire flute band, every musician in a state of advanced refreshment, being arrested for drunk and disorderly, drunk and incapable and the odd indecent exposure then thrown in the back of paddy wagons.
Surely not, I thought Merkel's Junior Clone Sturgeon, had outlawed drinking and Scotland was the now the new Jerusalem of diversity and love.

Surely not, I thought Merkel's Junior Clone Sturgeon, had outlawed drinking and Scotland was the now the new Jerusalem of diversity and love.
This was many years ago, when I was a child and the earth was still hot.

Years later, as a student, I tried to explain to an Eastern European classmate what a passing Orange march was all about. "It's a religious thing." said I.

"But where are the priests." said he.