Scottish Politics Thread

While the FM enjoys lunch abroad, Glasgow has the pleasure of mr Mundell walking up bath street,after viewing the boarded up shops and sealed residences surrounding the ABC & art school. With the lower fire damaged part of Sauchiehall Street delayed to reopen in August, it would seem ScotGov need to assist GCC supporting the retail closed until then.
Last nights meeting produced sweet FA due to GCC being obtuse

D

Deleted 154930

Just about to put some headphones on and watch a film, with the wife watching her rubbish on the big telly. Wonder what Sturgeon does of a Saturday night ?

I have image of her with a bottle of whiskey, skirl of bagpipes, box sets of outlander (braveheart reserved for Christmas day) and a tub of shortbread, with wee mhairi curled up at her feet by the fire.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
While the FM enjoys lunch abroad, Glasgow has the pleasure of mr Mundell walking up bath street,after viewing the boarded up shops and sealed residences surrounding the ABC & art school. With the lower fire damaged part of Sauchiehall Street delayed to reopen in August, it would seem ScotGov need to assist GCC supporting the retail closed until then.
Last nights meeting produced sweet FA due to GCC being obtuse
So are you saying that it was Mundell who looted the Campus bar?

<snigger>

. . . . with wee mhairi curled up at her feet by the fire.
The image that puts into mind deserves more than a mere like.

Here, have a bigger one:

Big like.png

, with wee mhairi curled up at her feet by the fire.
I am afraid I see Wee Mhairi as an Alley Cat. There is nothing cute about her. She is a brawler, the sort of cat that has a chunk out of one ear, a permanent kink in her tail and lumps of fur missing. Can be seen rooting around in dustbins behind shops before prowling about expecting food from passers by, and if they don't give her food, well, expect scratches and bites in return.

You voted for them, it's your problem
We didn’t. Most of the electorate voted for anyone but the SNP, but it’s seats that count. Having said that, on seats, the SNP are a minority administration in Scotland.

Blackford was an investment banker. Why he is revered by the kilted, wooden swords and shields, hope over fear muppets is beyond me.

I am afraid I see Wee Mhairi as an Alley Cat. There is nothing cute about her. She is a brawler, the sort of cat that has a chunk out of one ear, a permanent kink in her tail and lumps of fur missing. Can be seen rooting around in dustbins behind shops before prowling about expecting food from passers by, and if they don't give her food, well, expect scratches and bites in return.
M’Learned retired Gargolye @CanteenCowboy will confirm the daughter of school teachers from Raaaaaalston isn’t quite a ned as folk presume
The fact her accent is neither weenie or greenockian is down to the blurring of the queens English west coast burr.
Ms Black is inspirational to her generation a pity Tracy Ullman for her down to a key

busy day at the wee hoose at the bottom of the hill

The Scottish government has shelved its flagship Education Bill after claiming key reforms can be introduced more quickly without changing the law.

Flagship Scottish education bill shelved

Scotland's under-fire health secretary, Shona Robison, has quit her post as Nicola Sturgeon begins a reshuffle of her cabinet.

New SNP deputy leader Keith Brown and Communities Secretary Angela Constance have also left the government.

Shona Robison quits as health secretary

Doctors in Scotland are being "pushed to the brink" by a lack of resources and staff shortages, according to the British Medical Association.

Warning of doctors 'pushed to brink'

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Scottish Labour Party should be very pleased with themselves as they now have a senior member of government, indeed cabinet member, in Jeanne Freeman. Labour Party member and not a member of the SNP.
In November 2014, when the SNP voted in favour of allowing non-members to stand as their candidates in the general elections, Nicola Sturgeon named Freeman as an example of the sort of person that might be chosen by a constituency branch

The Scottish government has shelved its flagship Education Bill after claiming key reforms can be introduced more quickly without changing the law.
I found the Greens comments interesting....

"And Ross Greer of the Scottish Greens said Mr Swinney had been "humiliated" by his proposals being "rejected by teachers, parents and opposition parties".
Mr Greer added: "He's now trying to avoid parliament altogether by sneaking watered-down changes through by other means."

I do hope that the Scottish Greens are starting to see that their association with the SNP is dragging them down. (The first vote I ever cast was for the Scottish Greens...never again).

Back to what's at hand. If each council is given the powers to set curriculums, and head teachers can tweak to suit their schools, won't we end up with a completely disjointed education system? Are we not at risk of a postcode lottery education system, which is exactly what the SNP said would never happen under the new proposals?