• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Scottish Politics Thread

View attachment 332333
Congrats. I wonder which one of these creatures is the father.
The one with the short back and sides? Just a guess.
Update: Ruth is the pregnant one. The method was IVF.

Sarah Smith remarked that Ruth Davidson was the first female MP to give birth while in office. What?
The birth is due in the autumn. Has Sarah Smith been dreaming of the birth already?
BBC Scotland reported that they are getting married after the birth as they spent all their funds on medical fees for the dog? What?

*I have not been drinking - maybe I should have been?*

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"If we were to agree this it would allow for a period of up to seven years, for example, for the UK government to dictate new arrangements for farming support in Scotland" - Considering the abject failure to support farmers as it is and with millions in subsidies still unpaid, I would hope that Westminster did take on the role to protect the farmers. The SNP don't like farmers as they are often Tory supporters and land owners.

"It would allow the UK government to force us perhaps to lift our ban on GM crops, which is so important to our environment and the reputation of food and drink" - Funny enough, the Scottish Government were piling money into a research station here in Aberdeenshire, that was a UK leader in GM farming. Over 30 organisations in Scotland signed an open letter to the Scottish Government explaining that GM crops where vital in keeping Scotland farmers in business and commercially viable.

"It could restrict our ability during that period to properly tackle obesity and alcohol misuse, it could force us to relax food standards regulations and perhaps open the door to US chlorinated chicken and anything else that was demanded in a trade deal". - The answer to obesity and alcohol abuse is to put prices up. That is not tackling the problem. Research has shown those most likely to have poor diets and drink problems are those in the bottom layers of society. So all the Scottish Government is doing is putting more financial pressure on these people via a stealth tax. Education, better alternatives, improving school meals etc, not putting prices up.

As for chlorinated chicken...go for it. if you don't want to eat it, done fecking buy it. They will soon get the message.

For once the Welsh have been sensible and stated that they understand that some powers have to be held for a while until the dust settles. the UK internal market has to function and allowing the Scottish Government to take over some issues that they want to change immediately will cause no end of trouble with cross border trade.

For once the Welsh have been sensible and stated that they understand that some powers have to be held for a while until the dust settles. the UK internal market has to function and allowing the Scottish Government to take over some issues that they want to change immediately will cause no end of trouble with cross border trade.
Only after Carwyn Jones said he was stepping down. He and Leanne Wood used by Sturgeon thinking "our friend" with the plain fact she was using them to bolster her argument. This is not a party thing, I firmly say it was Jones, Wood, Sturgeon playing at power games over anything else. If something was to come up and she stepped down, with the right leader would the SNP step into UK line to sort it out I wonder?

Only after Carwyn Jones said he was stepping down. He and Leanne Wood used by Sturgeon thinking "our friend" with the plain fact she was using them to bolster her argument. This is not a party thing, I firmly say it was Jones, Wood, Sturgeon playing at power games over anything else. If something was to come up and she stepped down, with the right leader would the SNP step into UK line to sort it out I wonder?
No, SNP would still have a majority and it would still be in the SNP's interest (playing to the Nationalists and weak of mind) to oppose anything the UK says unless there is something in it for them.

No, if a settlement is reached then fishface, and her cohorts, will loose one of her cherished indy2 triggers. Let's not forget, independence "transcends" everything: Brexit, the economy etc.

A successful agreement is not on her agenda.

FWIW I'm pissing meself . Heard of the the chase tonight. Contestant 1 a Campbell from London
Bradley Walsh " What is the only country a part of the UK that does not have a devolved Government?"
Contestant "Scotland". That made my day

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Scotland calls time on cheap booze

Minimum pricing in force from today. 6 years to see if it's effective.
It may well be effective but you can hang your hat on Scotgov claiming it is anyway. I've cut my drinking down to virtually nothing, but that's to improve my health and bugger all to do with this policy as I was never a problem drinker, more of a drink at home out of the way person.

It may actually turn more people onto drinking pints instead of shorts, good news for the pub industry perhaps?

Will there be a host of 'booze runs' to Supermarkets just south of the border, one wonders?
White transits loaded to the roof with cases of rotgut Nevererdov Vodka?
Coming to a back street market near you soon! (if you live in Dundee!)

Scotland calls time on cheap booze

Minimum pricing in force from today. 6 years to see if it's effective.
It will only impact on the supermarket vodka and fizzy cider drinkers (i.e. the poorest)

My vintage Bollinger and 50 Y.O. Glenlivet are still the same price.
My old man treats himself to a litre of Grouse when the supermarkets do it for £16. This now goes up to £20 minimum.
It’s just taking more money off a skint pensioner. Yeah that’ll teach him, nice one.
God forbid they actually do something useful like lowering bullshit taxes such as APD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must shoot down to Morrisons in Berwick and fill the car with cheap cider

good thing about the booze tax ,all the crap wine is going to be the same price as drinkable wine , maybe Doris will start buying some decent stuff (but I doubt it)

shame I'm off the booze for the immediate future

Price of Frosty Jack's will shock you after minimum pricing comes into effect

Cost of popular drinks in Scotland after minimum pricing

• Blended Scotch Whisky – up by £2.75 to £14
  • Glen’s Vodka – up 65p to £13.15
  • Frosty Jack’s – up £7.76 to £11.25
  • Buckfast – unchanged, £7.99
  • Red wine – up 96p to £4.15
  • 20 cans of Tennent’s lager – up £5 to £18
  • Prosecco – unchanged, £6
Good news, Buckie remains unchanged!