Scottish Politics Thread

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!

Press watchdog rejects Salmond complaint against The Herald

The broadcasting regulator Ofcom is currently investigating the Alex Salmond Show over the accuracy of the tweets on the November 16 show.

And to think that this clown could have been President (1st minister surely! Ed.) of an independent Scotland!

OK this is an education for me. You mean broon sauce is found West of Harthill?
West of Harthill it's salt & vinegar. East of Harthill it's broon sauce.

chippy sauce ffs, it’s not the same as broon sauce, although it is broon
It's ordered as salt'n sauce which gives you chips with salt and a broon sauce/vinegar mix ,but referred to as ' Broon Sauce' (at least at my local chippy's )

It's ordered as salt'n sauce which gives you chips with salt and a broon sauce/vinegar mix ,but referred to as ' Broon Sauce' (at least at my local chippy's )
What does he put on your pie when you ask for a pie and broon sauce?

Dunno, never had one.
Admit to enjoying a jumbo haggis though…..when you know your swally session requires substantial cuisine from a chippie...

i defer to m'learned tooth fairy supplier in regard her handshandy skill set
She has a very weak, wet fish type hand shake. Some might find that appealing.

On a serious note the number two spot is down to Three candidates for SNP deputy leader

Meanwhile Chen Wenqing is reportedly shocked at the potty mouth of the First Minister after Opposition object to wind farm move
Whoever gave Bute house the complete Thick of It box set had a smell of sulphur about them

With apologies to Emperor M

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As far as I know broon sauce is available everywhere, but I’ve never sought it out North of the Highland boundary fault.
Not noticed it up here amongst the God fearing folk.

Probably only taken by heathens who dance on the Sabbath.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
IMG_20180414_163510.jpg

Noticed this speaking tour and thought that the assembled posters would not want to miss out.

Well who would have thunk it, the bloater has been found out, yet again :) ;-)

'Audience tweets' read out on Alex Salmond's programme on Russia Today (RT) "were not from audience members", broadcast regulator Ofcom has said. It came as Ofcom opened investigations into seven separate allegations that programming on the Russian state-funded channel RT broke impartiality rules.

www.scotsman.com/news/politics/tweets-on-salmond-s-programme-not-from-audience-ofcom-says-1-4726165
It does make you think, what kind of tricks did he use on social media during his time in office?
Also was our much missed friend C5 really a Salmond-bot?

It does make you think, what kind of tricks did he use on social media during his time in office?
Also was our much missed friend C5 really a Salmond-bot?
The "tricks" are on going on the SNP Facebook page...as is the abuse of anyone that questions the posts.

Everyday a statement about how brilliantly the SNP are performing is posted, and everyday 30 seconds searching for the actual figures clearly shows manipulation of "facts".

"the lowest crime figures for 30 years " which when you look up the Police Scotland figures clearly state that due to a change in reporting and recording, accurate comparisons with previous years cannot be made. Also add in the reclassification of some crimes. What is actually true is that violent crime has gone up, murder, assault, rape...all the juicy ones show a marked increase, whilst minor crimes have been taken out of the system.

"Fibre broadband to 95% of Scottish homes" actually translates from Digital Scotland figures to 95% of exchanges receive fibre, but over 278,000 users live "too far from the exchange" to receive the benefits and a further 200,000 cannot get speeds above 5mps. The SNP have also said all households will have fibre superfast broadband by 2021. Digital Scotland have told the community I live in that we will never get.

"Scottish government facilitates deal to keep BiFab open"...no...they have given a Canadian company a large amount of public cash to "buy" BiFab. They have no contracts after the current one is finished in a couple of months!

"Trade with China is booming"....yes, for the UK as a whole. 6 days in China, 3 cities visited, no meeting with anyone significant, lots of sight seeing...