Scottish Politics Thread

Nicola is answering FM questions as I type and is complaining that “it Is utterly disgraceful” that the CFP is not stopping, now that is really hypocrisy on a grand scale!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Errr, I think I have now addressed that on two occasions, SCAU are disappointed that Westminster have not been able to complete withdrawal from the CFP during the transitional period.

Now if you “believe” that the SNP have nothing to do with BREXIT negotiations why, in your logic, are they commenting on any of it?
Absolutely no idea, why don't you ask them, you seem to be the one obsessing about it!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And what do the good people of Lochinver, or KLB, think of the nationalists’ policy of remaining in the CFP?
Juan Carlos and Pedro both seem quite keen on it Continuing! :biggrin:

The pixels are barely dry on this …
Whilst I think Hard Brexit is arguably easier than a negotiated solution in some areas, I can see tremendous difficulties in this particular instance. We used to have to devote considerable time and effort to policing our fishing waters, and suddenly ending all agreements with no effective policing organisation in place and not expecting every fishing vessel within striking distance of what we claim to be our exclusive fishing waters to start plundering the fishing stock on day zero with relative impunity is stargazy pie in the sky.
and Gav announces this …
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...s-for-future-uk-fishery-patrols.275046/unread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Denmark PM to prioritise fishing access

It appears Denmark are very keen to keep accessing Scottish waters after Brexit, and not just Denmark "European fishing leaders have also told BBC Scotland they want to retain access on a similar level as they have now."

'Utterly hypocritical' SNP have been harvesting voters social media data for SEVEN years

The "utterly hypocritical" SNP have been compiling a database of every voter in Scotland for over seven years. It was the first political party in the world to introduce revolutionary computer software called NationBuilder, designed by Mark Zuckerberg's Harvard roommate and funded by Facebook's billionaire co-founder.

a very interesting article on how the cult used Facebook to build a huge database on Scottish voters and to target potential voters with a barrage of messages to push them into voting for them! essentially if you had a mate on Facebook who votes SNP and had commented or liked anything on face book about the SNP then you by default became a legitimate target for the SNP strategists because you may have held similar views to your mate! - the hypocrisy of the wee shite sturgeon gobbing of this week about Facebook is astounding!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
'Utterly hypocritical' SNP have been harvesting voters social media data for SEVEN years

The "utterly hypocritical" SNP have been compiling a database of every voter in Scotland for over seven years. It was the first political party in the world to introduce revolutionary computer software called NationBuilder, designed by Mark Zuckerberg's Harvard roommate and funded by Facebook's billionaire co-founder.

a very interesting article on how the cult used Facebook to build a huge database on Scottish voters and to target potential voters with a barrage of messages to push them into voting for them! essentially if you had a mate on Facebook who votes SNP and had commented or liked anything on face book about the SNP then you by default became a legitimate target for the SNP strategists because you may have held similar views to your mate! - the hypocrisy of the wee shite sturgeon gobbing of this week about Facebook is astounding!
I will admit to being on Facebook, and have several friends who were quite Pro Indy during the IndyRef, and some who were very anti.
I have some who post SNP stuff and appear to be party members.

I can not recall ever being barraged by SNP messages saying to vote for them.

The LibDems on the other hand seem to have targeted me somehow.

Several of my Facebook friends are independence/SNP voters. Those of working age who can but don’t work are well represented. Engaging any of them in ‘Indy/SNP’ stuff - never ‘liking’ - seems to generate a croft load of ‘Indy/SNP stuff you may be interested in’ on my Facebook feed. No indication that it comes from Nat Central but
I’m not interested. My IQ drops tens of points by engaging at length with the ‘flag people’.

Are the YesPests mining Social Media? I don’t know but I would not put it past the control freaks headed by Sturgeon.

Last edited:
The warrant for the arrest by Polis Alba of Carla Ponsati is particularly sweet. The cult who see Catalonian Sepratists as kindred, are fans of the European Arrest Warrant. Here it is in action.

Last edited:
The warrant for the arrest by Polis Alba of Carla Ponsati is particularly sweet. The cult who see Catalonian Sepratists as kindred, are fans of the European Arrest Warrant. Here it is in action.
The BBC site tells me;
After being contacted by her solicitor, police said arrangements were being made for Ms Ponsati to hand herself in to police.
Hardly the gun fight at the OK Corral was it?

St Andrews is not that big a place is it How long could she have held out there?
it doesnt really matter - if she broke the law then this arrest warrant is justified - just listened to that fat tosser salmond on the radio wingeing on about it and calling for Scotland to stand up and refuse to comply - of course this is because that fat useless twat and the cult leader sturgeon also attempted to split up their own country and he's trying to draw parallels however at least salmond held the referendum legally whilst the catalonians didn't and clearly broke their national laws. The trouble with freedom fighters is that their arrogant belief that their own dreams are the majorities nearly always lead to the breakdown of previously content or at least peaceful society - now in catalonia, in exactly the same way as scotland, has a split down the middle populace with deep seated loathing and hatred on either side which can never be resolved - i highly suspect that sturgeon will try to stop her extradition which is kind of funny when shes so desperate to be ruled by Brussels