Scottish Parliament to Issue Medals for Lancastria Disaster

#1
Alex Salmonds lot are going to issue commemorative medals for those lost in the Lancastria incident during Dunkirk.

The link

My question is, is it legitimate to remember some in this way and not the total casualties in the evacuation. should we, for instance, have medals for the Prince of Wales and not the Repulse. Should we remember the dead of St Nazaire in this way but not the casualties of Dieppe?
 
#2
In short NO! not when it was part of a much larger action.
However those North of the wall can be narrow minded.
 
#4
god is salmond such a stupid mong!! I hate that absoulute CNUT! And i am from scotland!
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#5
For a moment I thought that the loud whining noise I had heard, was my next door neighbour 'DIYing' yet again.

Imagine my surprise when I realised that it was just the English upset about something else.
 
#6
Biscuits_AB said:
For a moment I thought that the loud whining noise I had heard, was my next door neighbour 'DIYing' yet again.

Imagine my surprise when I realised that it was just the English upset about something else.
Are You happy that 3600 medals bought with Scottish money are going to English families? Are You happy that the Scottish Government is ignoring the loss of approximately 26,000 other servicemen?

Finally, is it because the SNP introduced it that You refused to condemn the move? Would You have posted the same thing if any other Scottish party had suggested such sillyness?
 
#7
Sven said:
Alex Salmonds lot are going to issue commemorative medals for those lost in the Lancastria incident during Dunkirk.

The link

My question is, is it legitimate to remember some in this way and not the total casualties in the evacuation. should we, for instance, have medals for the Prince of Wales and not the Repulse. Should we remember the dead of St Nazaire in this way but not the casualties of Dieppe?
Sven, for once I am going to agree with you. A lot of nonsense. The Scottish Parliament is the biggest waste of money going, and we are still paying for that glorified bus shelter down at Holyrood. Even Defence Estates and Modern Housing Solutions would have been embarrassed by the building. Can't all the MSPs go out on a retired McBrayne's ferry and re-enact the Lancastria disaster and then they could award themselves a medal :evil:
 
#8
Sven said:
Are You happy that 3600 medals bought with Scottish money are going to English families? Are You happy that the Scottish Government is ignoring the loss of approximately 26,000 other servicemen?

Pure sophist trash...just because they award a commemmorative medal to one constituency does not imply they are "ignoring" another - unless of course you are a plastic politician practising your sophist nonsense. Dry your eyes Sven and remember, this is north of the border stuff and you can put the lothian question where the sun does not shine.

Finally, is it because the SNP introduced it that You refused to condemn the move? Would You have posted the same thing if any other Scottish party had suggested such sillyness?

Naturally we would all have condemned the Scottish Liberal Democrats but there are so few, it seems pointless
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#9
Sven said:
Biscuits_AB said:
For a moment I thought that the loud whining noise I had heard, was my next door neighbour 'DIYing' yet again.

Imagine my surprise when I realised that it was just the English upset about something else.
Are You happy that 3600 medals bought with Scottish money are going to English families? Are You happy that the Scottish Government is ignoring the loss of approximately 26,000 other servicemen?

Finally, is it because the SNP introduced it that You refused to condemn the move? Would You have posted the same thing if any other Scottish party had suggested such sillyness?
As Cud's implies, you see problems where none exist. Talk about paranoia? Would you even be complaining about this issue had England got through to the Euro's?

Even for a Liberal candidate.....you've got too much time on your hands mate.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top