Scottish nurses may go on strike

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mac_uk, Sep 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just got back from a trip north of the wall and was chatting to a friend in Glasgow whos girlfriend works at a hospital there and apparently the powers that be have come up with a new parking scheme where the staff have to pay to park at the same rate that the visitors pay in the pay-and-display car park.
    Am I the only one that thinks that this is unbelievably cr@p? For these nurses, porters and cleaners this could cost a couple of hundred quid a month and if lo and behold they don't get a fresh ticket for the windscreen because of something trivial like staying longer to save some peoples lives, then they will get ticketed and be made to pay a fine. I know arrse has done a lot of good and had a huge amount of success at bringing common sense to the deluded masses and I truly think that we should support our nurses and hospitals.

Here's a link to a story about it I found

http://theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.1684259.0.0.php

2. Interesting. I've been working with a hospital HIS software system and their sales exec is a former scottish psych nurse. He was explaining some of the issues in scotland for nursing and the subsequent issues in the US as well.

Seems like nurses are fairly under appreciated the world over. The hospital will wise up once they start facing staffing shortages or it costs them more in pay increases or new hires.

3. My mate said his girlfriend and most of the other nurses are considering simply going in by taxi and charging it to the hospital, as they do have a right to do. The penpushers will soon get something done.