Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Scottish Labours National Service Plans announced

Can someone tell me how this is suppost to help? What is 'voluntary' National Service? I thought the point of it was you would get some decent work out of them and give them some training too. This just looks like a whole lot more work with little gain for the TA or reg forces. Where will the trainers come from?

All in all another heap of headline grabbing crock.

Read here

So they're going to set up a voluntary scheme by which younglings can learn a bit of teamwork, leadership and fitness in a quasi-military environment... How is that different from the cadets? (or the RAF for that matter).

If it's not an early April Fool, then what a complete waste of time and money. Why oh why do these people think these things up. Are there no more important issues? HAve they nothing better to do? Let's have 'National Service' but make it voluntary? They'd get more applicants if they advertised for Bad Lad's Army' and they only get them as there's an opportunity for some waster to get his face on TV.

I despair I truly do. I need to emigrate. Iran is looking good. They've got less nutters in charge.

If it is voluntary just what person will volunteer, it wont be the tearaway and young thug, unless the courts force them into it. Then is it the Military's problem in sorting these people out when the courts, and probation people have washed there hands of them.

So if it's voluntary I'm presuming it must be unpaid?

Now here's a radical thought: Why not JOIN THE FECKING TA instead! Do exactly the same thing but with pay.