Scottish Independence (Yet again)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Jun 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is getting boring...only one thing matters to me, and that is the principle of "fit in or **** off", but I fear that a fudge involving some sort of devo-max is the target outcome....a sort of having your haggis and eating it.
    The only question should be in or out....totally in or totally out and then shut the **** up for a reasonable period of time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I've said it before - an "In or Out" vote. With an "In" vote meaning closing down the Scottish Parliament and an "Out" vote meaning a clean break - no Scotland claiming maintenance and no Britain claiming submarine basing. To be honest, I can't see Devo-Max being acceptable in Britain - it would be political suicide for the party that took it through Parliament.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am going down to Labrokes to put a bet on Scotland voting 'No' and staying in the UK.

Mind you, I'm doing that as when I put a bet on something to win, invariably the other choice beats mine!! :)

4. To counter this new "in" initiative Wee Eck should get Tyrian Lannister on the job....he would come up with a good plan to replace the Lords of the Vale with the hill tribes, come to think of it the appearance of the hill tribes was quite accurate but they could have had more sweaty-sounding names...surely "McShagger" would have been far better.

5. Agreed; and while they're at it get rid of the Hwntw Sennedd in Wales at the same time.

6. I have to say, using Darling as their front man has not done the 'anti independence' crowd much in the way of credibility. Listening to him this morning the wife (who is English) commented that the SNP just have to keep quite and they will get their wish.

7. England lose last night then? Never mind you bunch of whining *****, here's something to take your mind off it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1