Scottish Economies

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Chef, Jul 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was listening to the radio today after the Beveridge(sp) report which suggested that free old folk's care, free uni places, free prescriptions, free hospital parking, might have to be reconsidered. Goodness me, they seemed terribly upset. Perhaps Mr Connery might come back from slapping wives in Spain, allegedly, and put some cash in his own country.

The Germans have a word for this
  2. Schadenfreude, that was the one.
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

You seem somewhat exercised by what the Scottish Government choose to spend the block grant from Westminster on? I don't suppose you fancy actually making a point?
  4. One has to be living in England and paying taxes to understand.
  5. Good. Perhaps now we can be rid of all those economic migrants from south of the border.
  6. The Scottish Raj, good at spunking other peoples taxes up the wall.

Oh well, reality McBites.
  7. I would say the point is after Blair (Fettes) and the rest of the Scotch mafia threw money for votes, it is interesting to hear Scots students whinge about 'I couldn't afford to go to uni; if it wasnae free.' Well round these parts we've been subbing you to buy votes.
    You now rejoin the rest of the class.
    I believe Wales may be in the same boat.
    What price independence now?
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How else are the SNP going to win votes?
    By promising everything for free they get people to vote for them
    It's a slightly smaller version of the Labour party vote for us and instead of working we'll pay everything for you
    You don't think some 18 year old bird with 5 kids will vote SNP if they only offered a can of Irn Bru and a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch do you?
    She wants to sit at home in this seasons Rangers top with nice new false teeth and a free tan paid for by the tax payer
    That Argos jewellery has to be paid for somehow
  9. My theory is that when strines talk about whingeing poms, they are referring to sweaty socks rather than the rest of us.
  10. Oh excellent, a lets have a go at the Scots thread

not had one of these since before the great English nation was going to win the world cup.
  11. But they did win it, today in 1966 (not that they bleat on about it a lot). For the OP prescriptions are not free to the masses, but the cost has been decreasing year by year.

12. Oh and not all hospital parking is free either.

But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan
  13. Ah Scotland, that would that fine 'country' where the male life expectancy in Glasgow is lower than Gaza?

14. Everyones life expectancy is greater than that FFS gazza-crying.jpg
  15. Hey, leave Salmond out of this..he is a good man!!

I'll be first to sign up for the new Scottish Defence Force, with all the money available I can't wait to get my hands of a nice second hand broom handle with a carving knife bound to the end :)....

(sung in a Dads Army way)....Who do you think your are kidding Mr Salmond, if you think old Scotlands financially secure... ;)