Scottish Doctor has Death Wish

No, not the movie. LINK

I have this mental vision of a shocked policeman standing by the crime scene saying to camera, "I never thought I'd see the likes of this in Scotland. I'd no idea we had so many rogue elephants loose."

I'm all for personal responsibility, but in this case the fat fcuks are letting the rest of us take financial responsibility for their lack of self-control through the cost to the NHS.

At the risk of starting another fattie-bashing thread - not that I'm averse - what do ARRSERS think?

Alsacien

MIA
smartascarrots said:
No, not the movie. LINK

I have this mental vision of a shocked policeman standing by the crime scene saying to camera, "I never thought I'd see the likes of this in Scotland. I'd no idea we had so many rogue elephants loose."

I'm all for personal responsibility, but in this case the fat fcuks are letting the rest of us take financial responsibility for their lack of self-control through the cost to the NHS.

At the risk of starting another fattie-bashing thread - not that I'm averse - what do ARRSERS think?
The man is talking out of his hoop. More people are obese because of burgers and soft drinks than chocolate.

Tax fat people - its the only fair way forward.

Scotland first but you can see the crossover to the UK. Obesity is not just a Scottish problem.

Would this work? I'm doubtful. All it would mean that people would swap to non-choc sugars goods to get the same rush as before.

I'm really impressed, the Edinburgh idiots are even further along the nanny state road than the London idiots. Taxing chocolate because it's bad for you? Next they'll be putting prohibitive taxes on booze and tabs.

Hang on...

Whoopyfuckingdoo
Somebody wants to tax us more. Aren't we paying enough?
Lets be honest, who really gives a rats arrse if some people choose to gorge themselves on chocolate?

Hows this for radical, cut all taxes in half? It would do my health the power of good.

Brilliant. Another person tries to stop the system of Natural Selection.

If you die of fatness (and I say this as a tubby myself), its your own fecking fault.

You ate it. Tough t1tty if you die because of it.

Whilst we are at it lets prescribe drugs in doses that could easily be fatal if you don't follow the instructions.

Evolution. Its for winners.

MrShanklysboots said:
Brilliant. Another person tries to stop the system of Natural Selection.

If you die of fatness (and I say this as a tubby myself), its your own fecking fault.

You ate it. Tough t1tty if you die because of it.

Whilst we are at it lets prescribe drugs in doses that could easily be fatal if you don't follow the instructions.

Evolution. Its for winners.
I like the cut of your jib.

jagman said:
Lets be honest, who really gives a rats arrse if some people choose to gorge themselves on chocolate?
Actually, I do.

I couldn't give a flying fuck how much harm they do to themselves, but since I have to pay for the fallout (10% of the entire NHS budget on weight-related illness, IIRC) I think I'm entitled to care about who inflicts that cost on me and how. I don't mind helping out people who've fallen on hard times or had a bit of bad luck, but I don't particularly like being screwed as a result of the idle and greedy's willful disregard for consequences.

As to taxing things, it's become the fashion lately, but, at least in part, that's because we've shown time and time again that the only way to make us sit up and take notice is to hit us in the pocket.

smartascarrots said:
No, not the movie. LINK

Notice the factory worker was a fat ****.

What a stupid bloody idea. Chocolate is already subject to VAT. This is another knee-jerk reaction by the knee-jerk ideas committee.

OK, let's tax all nuts for being high in fat, especially cashew nuts. Extra high tax for all sweeties, burgers, mayonnaise, butter, cooking oil. Oh let's tax potatoes highly, incase disgusting poor people decide to make chips. Tax pasta, as too much carbohydrates will turn to fat when common folk fail to exercise it all off.

What planet are these idiots on? Are they so desperate for a few extra quid in HMRC and a few ludicrous headlines that they can't see how stupid they are being?

Tax red cars in case they are inflammatory towards bulls. Tax television for dulling the nation's intelligence. Tax every newspaper that uses the phrase "Brave Jade". Utter pish.

smartascarrots said:
jagman said:
Actually, I do.

I couldn't give a flying fuck how much harm they do to themselves, but since I have to pay for the fallout (10% of the entire NHS budget on weight-related illness, IIRC) I think I'm entitled to care about who inflicts that cost on me and how. I don't mind helping out people who've fallen on hard times or had a bit of bad luck, but I don't particularly like being screwed as a result of the idle and greedy's willful disregard for consequences.

As to taxing things, it's become the fashion lately, but, at least in part, that's because we've shown time and time again that the only way to make us sit up and take notice is to hit us in the pocket.
Really?
I'm rather rotund myself and I don't cost you a penny.
Infact I'm what I would call a net contributor to society, I pay my dues, far too many of them.
I don't even have a doctor.
Taxing chocolate is pissing in the wind, if you want to object to funding useless causes lets try the important issues like the career dole walla's and tax credit recipients.

So what if some people are fat, it gives all the skinny feckers out there the oppurtunity to feel superior if nothing else.

Tax the fatties from source. Weigh the fuckers and tax them 10% more per kilo compared to the weight they are supposed to be for their height. Their self assessment tax form should come with a set of scales. Those who weigh less each year get a tax rebate. Those who die of fatness don't.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Tax the fatties from source. Weigh the fuckers and tax them 10% more per kilo compared to the weight they are supposed to be for their height. Their self assessment tax form should come with a set of scales. Those who weigh less each year get a tax rebate. Those who die of fatness don't.
Feck off.
I've already paid the appropriate taxes as large quantities of food and drink are shovelled into my not insubstantial belly.
Therefor I am already taxed for being a fat bastard.

I don't smoke and keep myself in shape, I have never been a burden to the NHS because of it and doubt if I ever will. Therefore tax the fat fcukers. Let's face it a fat fcuker is a fat fcuker because he/she is a lazy fcuker and can't be bothered to look after themselves the lazy selfish fat fcukers. They usually smell bad and are very often ugly fcukers too so they are nothing more than smelly, lazy, selfish, ugly, fat fcukers and should be taxed accordingly.

Latest Threads