Scottie soldiers stand to for the Ruler from Rome

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Maalox, Sep 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Always good to see honest-to-good-gentile Scottish Lowlander troops snapping to attention for the "Panzer Pope"

Their Presbyterian ancestors who gave their lives fighting against Papism must be turning in their graves!!
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Do you get a choice now who you can and can't parade for then?

It is after all a state visit
  3. I doubt very much that you would have got farbrenter UDR soldiers (97% Protestant) to have stood-to for the Pope!

4. an interesting one this, is he here as the head of the vatican, or the leader of catholic church? It's the same thing in many ways the key difference being if he's here for political gain or merely to meet his flock. From what i've seen in the news its the former
  5. Genuine Q. Could anyone have refused to parade on religious grounds?

'Excuse me Sir, I'm Protestant and this goes against my religious beliefs'?

6. and she's way too tanned to be from the Province!
  7. But do-able though
  8. Succinct analysis!
  9. I agree. I would.
  10. Now there might well be dramas if the Cameronians had been on parade, a possible case for Strasburg for trauma and abuse and a very dead Pope!
  11. Do 'Lowlanders' wear kilts now in the Blair-Brown-Walker-Jackson ruined Army?
  12. If only you had seen it live. The front man on the right mistimed the inward turn and done it twice. Still, well done to 1, 3 and 6 SCOTS.
  13. What would their Catholic ancestors think?
  14. Looks a bit orange to me.
  15. Some tune along the lines of "the spray tan my mother wore" keeps popping in to my mind?