Scots Want Vote on Independence

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by exbleep, Sep 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hmm. So the Scots Nats want another referendum, this time on full independence for the sweatys. Full break up of the UK and a bad idea, or get rid of the whingers and stop subsidising them at English expense so a good idea?
    Personally, I'd think a full break would be a bad thing but it's got to be better than the dog's dinner we have now.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8233788.stm

2. Erm, no offence mate, but this has been wanted for a good few years now...

And if it happens, we're royally in the crap. A lot of water gets imported from Scotland, and guess where a lot of our power comes from? Thats right, them.

Once they seperate, we're royally screwed for power & water supplies to say the least. Not to mention, at least a few Army/RAF/Naval bases.

Oo, can I add, the referendum is estimated to cost £1 Billion if we have it? Which we'd be paying for, of course. Might mean we'd be rid of Gordon quicker though.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

4. Never mind what the Scots and English want, what is the American view on this?

Call me an old cynic if you will, or better still I'll just call myself a taxi.

5. I think most Americans don't know Scotland is part of Britain anyway. :D

6. I'm all for independence for Scotland as a precursor to the final dissolution of the union.