Scots troops must share their kilts

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Outstanding, Dec 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'Hot-bunking' on submarines really pales into insignificance compared to 'hot-kilting' with 14 other Jocks.

What happens if one of them has a blobby knob?
  2. I guess you all get it!?
  3. Jocks without Frocks, Whatever next.
    I expect we will have to wait for our new NO1's& NO2's (RIFLES) for a few years in some of the new Bn's, That's a downside to being in a 'Super Reg' Waiting for kit to be issued will take twice as long.

Not that it was quick to start with :)
  4. Just hope you dont get the same deal with Body armour!
  5. No mate we can share body armour lol
  6. On the upside, it could make a great excuse to the missus:

"I'm sorry I gave you the clap love, I must have got it from sharing my kilt"
  7. Now thats teamwork!
  8. I'm sure some enterprising tailor could cut them in half to allow mini-kilts to be shared by just 7.5 soldiers.

If there's a shortage of kilt-pins, they could walk round in pairs.
  9. It doesn't surprise me one bit - I went to war wearing army surplus combats while units that stayed behind got CS95. No-one in my platoon had a pair of combats where the colour of the jacket matched the trousers, and quite often the style (age) of your spares differed. In our pre tour photo we looked like a bunch of paint ballers hamming it up!
  10. Found this:

11. Sharing body armour..?!? Mate - been there,done that, & it's overrated. Not talking about lightweight MilSpec stuff, but Australian Federal Police issue patrol ballistic vests, weighing c. 11kgs clean & dry. At the end of a shift, they weigh c. 12kgs (try spending 12hrs out in the sun in the Solomon Is. wearing them). You hang 'em up & hand 'em over to the next shift - who are hugely amused, as you can imagine: the vests stink of the sweat of the previous user. And yes - I'm with the Scots who are pissed-off with sharing kilts. Cheers.