Scots Super Regiment to wear foreign Kilts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by polyglory, Feb 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh well it will join the rest of our shoddy kit thats made on the cheap in eastern europe then.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Eastern Europe! You should be so lucky. China more likely.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I particularly like the bit about the kilts being "less fluffy". :?

4. :lol:

A "worsted fabric" kilt sounds a bit well, poofy. I do hope the powers-that-be have not got this wrong.

5. Would that make 'getting wood' more pleasurable or less? :twisted:

6. I think the Jocks should wear little white ankle socks or stockings and sussies too in order to comply with EO policy and encourage even more transvestites into their regiments.

7. :lol:

Second thoughts on this: the present issue kilt is perhaps heavier and more blanket-like than it needs to be these days. It was part of field uniform in WW1 - it was even worn in the field by the Camerons in France as late as 1940.

If the new kilt was of a slightly lighter/smoother material, similar to present offrs quality kilts (which they pay for), I would have no problem with that. It can't be too light - its for outdoor wear - beware the snell wind which blows across the Esplanade :lol:

8. The truth of the story actually reads

"Once again the Government has spunked the entire budget, protecting the human rights of asylum seekers and those attacking British troops in other countries, allowing the mismanagement of the NHS and the educaction system to continue by throwing more money at it and continued to prop up BAe Systems and their outdated business and manufactue techniques. Therefore the average Brit especially those in the armed forces can go fcuk yourself"

Yours lovingly

T Blair

9. I seem to recall reading it somewhere that the Camerons were the last Scottish unit to wear kilts in action at Dunkirk?

10. Battle at the River Escaut, May 1940.