scots gurads para

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by parahandy, Oct 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. The recruiters are telling me that Scots Guard Para is a better route than applying for simply the Para Reg is this right????????
  2. daywalker

    daywalker LE Reviewer

    WTF is scots guard para ???
  3. Hang on. Before I answer. This may be a freaky coincidence. Was your Dad in 1 SCOTS?
  4. A guardsman thats done P coy?
  5. Do you mean Guards Para? As in the platoon of guardsmen who do P-Coy taken from the various Guards Battalions. If you want to be a paratrooper than join the PARACHUTE REGIMENT. If you want to do guards things than join the GUARDS. Easy eh? PM me if you need anything else.
  6. daywalker

    daywalker LE Reviewer

    Possibly, but scots gd para?? Would you be referring to the gds plt in 3 Para?
  7. God knows.I never knew 3 Para had a guards plt.I am what you types refer to as "a hat".
  8. Mate.......either somebody is pulling your plonker..............................


    It's you that is the plonker!

    Which one?:)
  9. Yes thats it they are telling me that there are far more opportunities open for me if I go guards para is that right
  10. Dads initials wt?
  11. yes i do sorry
  12. BiscuitsAB

    BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

    ten to one on that the recruiter has a gap to fill in the SG. If you want to go inf then theres nothing wrong with the SG if you want to go airborne the go para regt. If you want to go GP then you've got to do guards basic followed by a stint at btn and then apply for and pass the all arms p Coy and then there needs to be a place in the plt for you.
  13. Was that to me? Are you WT's lad?