• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Scots Guards pipers capbadge help needed

Last week, whilst out with a mate walking the dog on an old training area i came across this, what i believe to be, a Scots Guards pipers capbadge. It was found on the surface and other bits and bos nearby were WWII dated (.303 cases, base plugs for mills bombs, 2" mortar stuff etc.) but i was wondering if these are dateable at all? The area was used during WWII throughout and i understand up to the mid-60s.

It would be nice to know if this particular style was only used between 19XX and 19YY for example.

Attachments

not sure of the date - but i can confirm that it is indeed a badge belonging to the Scots Guards and by the look of it i would say the material is a metal of some kind.

Hope that helps.

Latest Threads