Scots Guards 2nd Battalion, postings in the 1970's

Try the website "British Army Units Since 1945". It's not 100% but has approximate dates and locations in most instances.

Thanks again mate, that was a complete result.

I was checking it out for a cousin. His dad (now deceased) was an SG All throughout the 70's. The cousin got his dad's NI medal back the other week after a house clearance because some eejit (me) borrowed it in the 90's (mine was stolen) and I mislaid it, and I could have sworn it was lost forever.

Back in Chelsea as at August 1981, not sure when they arrived but 2nd Grenadiers arrived there from Munster in 1983?

Anyone know where the 2nd Scots guards were posted in the 1970's with rough dates. Any help appreciated.

This site is usually fairly accurate.

Screenshot_20211013-135058_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Back in Chelsea as at August 1981, not sure when they arrived but 2nd Grenadiers arrived there from Munster in 1983?
We moved to Chelsea in Mar/Apr '79 from Munster to join the 1st Bn, as we were at Chelsea Embankment Elvis Costello was on the radio with I don't want to go to Chelsea

The second Battalion survived disbandment in the early 70s and but for Gen Sir John Acland would have gone. The gentleman that he was went political, in a more gentlemanly fashion than Mitch with the Argylls and saved their necks!
Nearly lost his head in the process, but he came up smelling of Roses after his Stella involvement in Rhodesia in the early 80s.