scots guard

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
1st Bn is based at Catterick, with a rumour of getting moved to Tidworth in 2015, and a wee tour later in this year, F Company are based in Wellington Brks

S

Screw_The_Nut

From wiki - "The Scots Guards is ranked as the third regiment in the Guards Division; as such, Scots Guardsmen can be recognised by having the buttons on their tunics spaced in threes."

- A prime example of why the regimental system is a load of pish.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
1st Bn is based at Catterick, with a rumour of getting moved to Tidworth in 2015, and a wee tour later in this year, F Company are based in Wellington Brks
Spoilsport!

From wiki - "The Scots Guards is ranked as the third regiment in the Guards Division; as such, Scots Guardsmen can be recognised by having the buttons on their tunics spaced in threes."

- A prime example of why the regimental system is a load of pish.
Weren't they actually the first... but because they were a Cromwellian mob, they got disbanded at the time of the restoration? On that basis, they have my vote.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
not long before they will become the 1st battalion scottish defense force or presidential guard of honor if some people have their way.

Aren't the Jocks actually the second Regiment of the Guards... the Coldstreams always go to the bottom in some sort of hissy fit about being the runner up or something.

I seem to remember when I was with them, other Jock regiments didn't like them and accused them of being an English regiment!....:-\\\\