Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Outstanding, Apr 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it not strange how the mists of time swirl around and romanticise facts. the new arts centre at Culloden ( ) seems tp be perpetuting the myth that the English came and destroyed poor Bonnie Prince Charlie's Armt of Freedom Fighters. Actually the majority of people fighting in this battle were Scottish, as the lowland tribes were pretty much against the Highlanders and happy to take the cash to enjoyt a good bust up. I wonder how the Battle of the Bogside or Goose Green will be portrayed in 350 years?
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing new about the PWs having a punch up, Sponsorship by the English was possibly an innovation!
  3. Love the idea of sponsorship (in the modern context) - Can you imagine some of the possible Regt connections!
  4. Mel Gibson as Martin McGuiness,Timothy Spall as Ian Paisley and Christopher Lee as General Ford.
  5. Might they be dead by then?
  6. CGI :p
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Once heard it described as Celtic v Rangers for old times (might have been on QI)

As for the other stuff
    Goose Green

Melwin de la Gibthon is a quiet sheep farmer living in the Falklands Islands
    Farming 23 hours a day with the Union flag casting an oprresive shadow over him and the rest of the Falklanders
    They decide that they wish to be independent from this evil empire and return to the democratic freedoms offered by Argentina
    The evil corrupt British Goverment despatch a task force to teach the Islanders a lesson
    British Paratroopers 'liberate' Goose Green and hang all the Islanders and any Argentinian patriots are driven into a barn and burnt alive
    Mel gets annoyed paints his face blue and white and teaches the nasty British goverment a lesson
    The remnents of 2 Para are seen rowing away in a small boat badly beaten

Mel 'shaunny' O'Gibson is a quiet potato farmer in the Bogside (don't worry the Yanks will believe it)
    The British Goverment decide to enslave to people of the Bogside
    Paras hang innocent freedom fighters from lamposts and burn houses down
    Mel paints his face pops on a Balaclava and sets about the Brits to gain his frrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom
    Defeated the Brits pull out of Ireland and invade Vietnam

Mel nu gyuin Gi'son is a poor paddy farmer............. :wink:
  8. That tickled me, very funny. Thanks. :D :D
  9. I was at Culloden for a wedding (very bizarre, he was a southern irish type and she was from the home counties and they met while travelling in NZ!) and read the bumf about the battle, it said that the actual battle only lasted 20 minutes, followed by much of the good old pastime of 'finishing off of the wounded' (Scottish type obviously!).
  10. All I can remeber about the place is that it is barely worth peeing on let alone dying for.Cold wet and miserable, except when it is stuffed full of midges!!
  11. And thats just the Home Counties! :lol:
  12. Shite hole was there last month when we were at the Fort....what a place to fight a civil war :)
  13. Thats why the Fort was such asafe place - no-one lived near it!!
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ah yes home! and my folks wonder why I don't go to see them that often.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Scotlands greatest export like Ireland is its people, the whisky etc is just to keep the ex pats comfortable! Lets face it beyond the stalking and grouse there's feck all else!